Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Default Re: Llama - Who's Using It and Any Good Examples?

Quote Originally Posted by kraigg View Post
    To get my WiFi names and MAC addresses to come up in my areas, I had to go into Settings > Experimental Stuff and enable the "Check for WiFi Networks" option. Then while that option is on, go back to the Areas tab and start learning your areas again. It will start picking up local WiFi names - you'll be see it in the Recent tab.

I turned the WiFi polling off after it finished learning the area, so it doesn't drain too much battery. The learned WiFi names and MAC still remain in your areas, even if you switch the option off.
    Thanks Kraigg - that worked nicely.

Dunno if someone mentioned something like this before. Anyways.

I created some events to disable mobile data and account sync on some conditions to save battery. Here it goes:

Event 1 "disable mobile data and sync"

Conditions:
    Charging status -> Using battery
    AND -> when screen turns off
    Active application is not tunein radio
    OR
    Current app is not google maps
    OR
    Current app is not google play
    AND
    When not at home

Actions:
    Toggle mobile data off
    Toggle account sync off

Event 2 "enable mobile data and sync"

Conditions:
    Screen on
    OR
    at home

Actions:
    Toggle mobile data on
    Toggle account sync on, request update

Mobile data and sync are disabled when screen is off or when I'm not at home, or when I'm not using certain apps, or whenever screen is off. Reason I want mobile data enabled at home is that I use tethering.

I know you can use the "active application" as a condition but i do not understand the application thereof.

I have an event called Quiet at night that is triggered after 23:00 till 645am and disables everything (wifi/data etc) and turns my phone to a silent profile.

I want another condition to say that if I have an app called atorrent running that this event does not trigger (as i dont want wifi to turn off)

any ideas?

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Add the condition Active Application and choose atorrent as the app, but then select "App stopped or in background." This means it will check to make sure atorrent isn't running before triggering the event's actions.

Quote Originally Posted by nickmax1 View Post
    I know you can use the "active application" as a condition but i do not understand the application thereof.

I have an event called Quiet at night that is triggered after 23:00 till 645am and disables everything (wifi/data etc) and turns my phone to a silent profile.

I want another condition to say that if I have an app called atorrent running that this event does not trigger (as i dont want wifi to turn off)

any ideas?
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Imposter View Post
    Add the condition Active Application and choose atorrent as the app, but then select "App stopped or in background." This means it will check to make sure atorrent isn't running before triggering the event's actions.
    thanks i think that worked!

Imposter - actually your advice didnt exist. Llama seems to ignore the fact that atorrent is running.....annoying that

Global Posts
    7,802 Global Posts

Imposter - actually your advice didnt exist. Llama seems to ignore the fact that atorrent is running.....annoying that
    You could try variables here, with the variable being atorrent. As a new event, set Llama variable atorrent (or whatever you want to call it) to whatever value-on, running, etc.

Then modify the quiet event to run unless the atorrent variable is on or running or whatever. You'd also want to specify what Llama should do when the atorrent variable is off.
    SGH-T999v running stock 4.3

I have a problem with Llama.
    When at home it switches profiles and events ok but elsewhere I have to wake the screen for it to change.
    As an example I have it set to switch off wi-fi when I leave home and turn on data.When I get to work I wake the screen to find wi-fi still on but then it immediately switches events.
    Any ideas ?

Quote Originally Posted by raino View Post
    You could try variables here, with the variable being atorrent. As a new event, set Llama variable atorrent (or whatever you want to call it) to whatever value-on, running, etc.

Then modify the quiet event to run unless the atorrent variable is on or running or whatever. You'd also want to specify what Llama should do when the atorrent variable is off.
    Thanks Raino - I will try that and let you know if it works.

On another matter - I work in the city (of London) and I work between two offices which are 100m apart from one another and use the same cell towers. One office has wifi the other does not. How do i alter my events to tell Llama I am in the office with no wifi and just turn of f my wifi and enable data till i leave office nr 2?

Global Posts
    7,802 Global Posts

On another matter - I work in the city (of London) and I work between two offices which are 100m apart from one another and use the same cell towers. One office has wifi the other does not. How do i alter my events to tell Llama I am in the office with no wifi and just turn of f my wifi and enable data till i leave office nr 2?
    Try this while you're at the office with WiFi:

Condition: WiFi network connected (select the SSID of the office network)
    Action: mobile data>off

When you go to the other office, I think mobile data will not turn back on (because Llama doesn't reverse events unless specified.) If so, queue this counter-event to the event created above:

Condition: WiFi network connected (select the SSID of the office network)

Action:
    1. mobile data>off

2. Queue another event
    Condition: WiFi network disconnected (work SSID)
    Action: mobile data>on
    SGH-T999v running stock 4.3

thanks Raino- seems simple enough.

The variables doesnt work though for my atorrent issue - Llama only detects the app being on when I have atorrent open and on the screen. As soon as my phone locks or if I minimise it Llama thinks that atorrent has been shutdown and the event doesnt fire.

Hi, I'm new to these forums, but not new to Llama. I have an event that has two conditions:
    (1) Not in area: Home, Work, and
    (2) Llama variable: When 'Retest' has a value of '1'

And under Advanced -> Trigger filtering, only (2) Llama variable is allowed to trigger the event.

However, I've had occasions where both (1) and (2) are true, and the event hasn't fired (as shown in Event History). Has anyone had problems with Llama variable triggers or Not in area conditions?

@bcchgeneral

I have read many reporting online Llama wouldn't check reliably for the current area or other conditions while screen is off (i.e., when phone is in sleep). It's highly dependent on hardware and OS, so if Llama consistently fails on your phone there isn't much you can do about it.

If Llama fails intermittently make sure its service is not killed by the OS or a task killer (you should not disable Llama's notification icon). If you use wifi for checking for area, keep wifi on during sleep by the OS setting.

If Llama works flawlessly and only the event you mentioned fails, I dunno, you need to give more details (what changes your variable? what's the event's action? are you sure the condition changed from false to true and not just stay true the whole time, etc. etc.) than that.
    Thanked by:

@buggy_droid

Thanks for the reply!

It's strange: I manually trigger (with a widget / shortcut) an event that changes the Llama variable, so the screen is definitely on at that point. I've even launched the Llama app and looked under 'Events' to see that both conditions for my event (both (1) Not in areas, and (2) Llama variable) are in green, so Llama detects both conditions correctly. The action changes the Llama variable so that it is no longer true - once the action fires, the (2) Llama variable condition should show red.

It has worked sometimes, so it is failing intermittently - and yet I have no task killers, and it is not set to hibernate with Greenify.

Fuller details: I use Llama to change my sound profile to loud when I'm not at home or at work. But sometimes, I want to manually mute my phone, so I set up a Llama shortcut / widget on the home screen to change the profile to 'silent' and 'lock profiles'. I also set up a Llama shortcut / widget on the home screen to undo the mute, which 'unlocks profile' and then switches the Llama variable 'retest' to '1' (true). This brings me to the event I mentioned, with conditions 'Not at home, not at work' and 'Llama variable retest has a value of 1', and actions 'change profile to loud' and 'set Llama variable retest to 0'.

(I have a corresponding event for 'At home, at work', and 'Llama variable retest has a value of 1', and actions 'change profile to normal' and 'set Llama variable retest to 0'.)

Any thoughts? Is there a more elegant way of achieving this? Or perhaps my Razr XT910 running 4.1.2 (stock) is one of those devices that doesn't play well with Llama...?

Quote Originally Posted by kraigg View Post
    To get my WiFi names and MAC addresses to come up in my areas, I had to go into Settings > Experimental Stuff and enable the "Check for WiFi Networks" option. Then while that option is on, go back to the Areas tab and start learning your areas again. It will start picking up local WiFi names - you'll be see it in the Recent tab.

I turned the WiFi polling off after it finished learning the area, so it doesn't drain too much battery. The learned WiFi names and MAC still remain in your areas, even if you switch the option off.
    Even with this option turned off LLama should know which area you are in, right?

In my case my WiFi SSID is Coconut and the area which Coconut is in is named as Home_Wifi.
    When "Check for WiFi Networks" is checked LLama knows the area and shows as "Home_wifi". When it is not checked Llama shows it as "Unknown Area" while it is already connected to Coconut.

I am sure that Llama is aware of SSID name because events with SSID name (Coconut) trigger normally where events with area name (Home_Wifi) don't.

Fow known networks, regardless of "Check for WiFi Networks" option Llama should know the WiFi Network when it is connected to that network, right?

It is the same on rooted and stock SGS3 4.3 with Boeffla Kernel as well as on rooted and stock Nexus 10 4.4.3.

Any clues?

@bcchgeneral

So, your question pertains to two similar but separate events, correct? One changes the profile to loud and set retest=0, the other changes the profile to normal and set retest=0? Which one is failing? How often it fails? And, how does it fail (is it only not changing the variable, the event is not triggered at all, or something else)?
    If one of them works but the other fails, I'd suspect the area condition isn't specified correctly, or the variable name is misspelled in the event definition. I noticed you are mixing upper and lower cases in you post. Other than that, your events are simple enough and hard to screw up (assuming you have told us exactly how your events are set up).

Assuming that you made sure the event immediately before the ones in question (the one that unlocks the profile) ran, it's highly unlikely that Llama service had been killed by the OS or by another app. If Llama is awake the whole time, the fact that the event fails randomly suggests some cell IDs are not recognized as you expect, but the fact that area condition tests green precludes this possibility.

Assuming Llama never stopped working and all conditions are tested true as you said when the event in question fails to run, the only other possibility I can think of is the presence of another event that sets retest=1 (or you could be hitting your shortcut to set retest=1) while the area conditions for the events in question test false. That way, when you tap on the shortcut to unmute, the variable has already been =1 and the condition tests true when you check but the event won't be triggered because there is no change in the condition. If you can confidently exclude this possibility, then I have no logical explanation as to why the event won't run, be it never or sometimes.

Reinstalling Llama (an older or newer version), factory reset, trying different ROMs, may help. I can tell you that it never failed on Galaxy s2 with OS 4.1.2, but it could be that I didn't test it long enough to see a fail. You wouldn't want to switch to a 3-year-old model just for this anyway.
    Thanked by:

@buggy_droid

Thanks for working with me on this!

Yes, my question pertains to two similar but separate events.
    Yes, that's what they each do.
    The one that I have noticed failing is the one that changes the profile to loud and sets retest = 0. But it's intermittent, so I'm not sure if the other has the same problem.
    I'm not sure how often it fails - I'm still testing it - but it's definitely failed more than once.
    It fails by not changing the profile to loud, and not changing the variable to 0. The event history says that it didn't happen at all.
    Yes, I did mix upper and lower case in my post (sorry!) but there is definitely only one 'Retest' variable in my Llama.

Hmm, I think you're right: another event left the 'Retest' value as '1' instead of resetting it to '0' - I've changed this now, and I'll see if that fixed it.

Thanks so much for walking me through this!

Talking Re: Llama - Who's Using It and Any Good Examples?

Hi All,

Could u guys pls guide me how to set a small vibration when the user picks up the call at other end while calling (in other words at 0th second when we make outgoing call)

So that we need not keep the phone all the time at the ear.

I tried "Call State:In a Call"

It vibrates when we hit the call button (not when the user at other end picking)

Help would be appreciated.

@bcchgeneral
    Welcome
    Let us know if that works.

@sivakrr
    You don't need Llama for that
    "Vibrate Call - Android Apps on Google Play"

Hi,
    Recently discovered Llama, that seems an incredibly powerful app to change many settings according to the cell mast your phone is connected to.
    I trained two areas, Work and Home, and they show no cells in common.

The problem is that cell detection, and consequent firing of events while entering or leaving an area, only happens after pressing the power button to wake up the screen. I have tried turning on Cell Polling mode, with various options (Awake while polling, incresing cell polling active time, lower cell polling intervals...). None of them seems to work. Events (i.e. entering/leaving area) are triggered only after waking up the screen, meaning I have to remember to press the power button every time I get in/out of an area to change volume profiles, which defeats the main purpose of the app. I also can't rely on Wifi detection to establish a location.

Any ideas or experience? I would appreciate very much!
    I read somewhere that Android could bekilling the process that watches these events. If that is the case, how to find it out?
    FYI, using Moto G with stock KitKat, no battery saver app.

Thanks

@Emilio

Sorry to hear that Llama loses track of whereabouts on your phone
    Luckily, you already have an answer. Since Llama (or the OS) on your phone checks for cell ID when the screen turns on, just make an event in Llama that turns the screen on every 5 min (or whatever the frequency you want). Llama will then (presumably) check your whereabouts every 5 min. You can also queue another event that turns off the screen after 1 sec, thereby minimizing battery use.

If you don't like the idea of your screen automatically turning on every so often, you can try what bcchgeneral did (see post #639). Instead of turning screen on/off, make an event that toggle a Llama variable between 0 and 1 at a regular interval. Then, add a condition "when (your llama variable) is 1" to your events that change the profile according to the area you are in. Theoretically, toggling the variable will make Llama to check if the other condition (the current area) is also true. Hopefully this is enough to wake up Llama and/or the OS to look for the current cell ID.

On the separate note, in the JB 4.1.2 OS settings, there is "location services" under which a check box for "use wireless network: location determined by wi-fi and/or mobile networks". I don't know if Kitkat has the same option, and if so, whether you check the box. Llama does just fine on my phone without checking this box, and checking the option uses additional 1 to 2% per hour of battery, so I leave it unchecked. But this might just work for you.

We would appreciate if you tell us which option did/didn't work. That will help me when I buy a Moto G. It's about time I get a new phone
    Good luck!

ROM
    CyanogenMod 11

For those of you having trouble with Llama, enable these two features in settings :
    settings>security>device administrators>check the Llama box
    settings>accessibility>turn Llama on
    Quit Llama and launch it back

Does anyone know if it's possible to delete files with Llama?

I have a cuple of apps that create large temporary files, so wondered if I could set Llama to delete the temp folders every couple of days, saving me having to use Clean Master.

@edithswanneck
    It is possible

1) Install a script editor, either Script Manager, or SL4A.
    2) Write a script to delete your files using the script editor you chose in 1).
    Sample script here.
    3) Use locale plugin action (SL4A) or application shortcut action (Script Manager) in Llama to run your script.

Enjoy
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by msurg View Post
    Even with this option turned off LLama should know which area you are in, right?

In my case my WiFi SSID is Coconut and the area which Coconut is in is named as Home_Wifi.
    When "Check for WiFi Networks" is checked LLama knows the area and shows as "Home_wifi". When it is not checked Llama shows it as "Unknown Area" while it is already connected to Coconut.

I am sure that Llama is aware of SSID name because events with SSID name (Coconut) trigger normally where events with area name (Home_Wifi) don't.

Fow known networks, regardless of "Check for WiFi Networks" option Llama should know the WiFi Network when it is connected to that network, right?

It is the same on rooted and stock SGS3 4.3 with Boeffla Kernel as well as on rooted and stock Nexus 10 4.4.3.

Any clues?
    Anyone?
Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829 ... LastLast