Llama - Who's Using It and Any Good Examples?

Olivier D

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
So I've been using Llama for some time now, and I"m trying to get it to send a text to my wife when I get into the office. My event is as follows:
CONDITONS:
WiFi Network Connected: work-wifi
AND (match all) {at work} # cell towers already learned
AND (match all) {when it's Monday - Friday}
AND (match all) {between 08:00 and 09:30}

ACTION:
Locale Plugin Send SMS: "I just got to work"

It works, but then will send a second SMS a little later on, as all the conditions are already met. (I'm using the "Locale Send SMS Plugin-in version 1.1.1" from the play store to send the SMS, as I couldn't find a way to natively do it with Llama.

Is there anyways to have Llama disable the event, or ensure to only act on it once?
I guess I could set the "Repeat Interval" to 12 hours, that way it won't trigger again.

Check your cell history, I think it's because when your phone connects to another one of your work cells, the event fires again. I don't think you need to have "at work cell towers" as a condition, because the wifi is the most accurate condition to tell Llama where you are. Remove the second condition and it should work as wished.

You should find a reverse/opposite event to make sure Llama doesn't fire the event multiple times if, let's say you had to leave your office at 9:15 and you come back at 9:28, I'd suggest adding variables.

dorqus

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
Check your cell history, I think it's because when your phone connects to another one of your work cells, the event fires again. I don't think you need to have "at work cell towers" as a condition, because the wifi is the most accurate condition to tell Llama where you are. Remove the second condition and it should work as wished.

You should find a reverse/opposite event to make sure Llama doesn't fire the event multiple times if, let's say you had to leave your office at 9:15 and you come back at 9:28, I'd suggest adding variables.

Thanks, I'll try removing the "at work" part and just rely on connecting to the work WiFi. My reverse event for when I leave the office seems to work just fine, as it's when I leave the work area and disconnect from work wifi (and date and time are mon -> Friday between 5-8pm or whatever I have set)

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Is there some way to get Greenify to work with Llama? I've got a couple of apps (amazon app store, facebook, messenger, etc) that occasionally drain my battery at night. I have a Llama task to put my phone into a low power mode, and would like to add some greening to it.

Olivier D

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I'll try removing the "at work" part and just rely on connecting to the work WiFi. My reverse event for when I leave the office seems to work just fine, as it's when I leave the work area and disconnect from work wifi (and date and time are mon -> Friday between 5-8pm or whatever I have set)

Let me know if it works! And try to test the reverse event like I mentionned in the previous post, just in case ;-)

Is there some way to get Greenify to work with Llama? I've got a couple of apps (amazon app store, facebook, messenger, etc) that occasionally drain my battery at night. I have a Llama task to put my phone into a low power mode, and would like to add some greening to it.

It should be under the 'Locale Plugin' action list, then you can choose which app to greenify or simply 'greenify all'. If you don't see it, you might consider activating the donate version.

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
It should be under the 'Locale Plugin' action list, then you can choose which app to greenify or simply 'greenify all'. If you don't see it, you might consider activating the donate version.

Thanks, I will check that out. FWIW, I paid for the donate version in 2013. One of my best Android purchases ever.

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
The 'locale plugin' name for greenify is hibernate now. That's probably why you haven't noticed it...

Actually, I have never used the the locale plugins at all. Now that you have pointed them out to me, I am using two of them. Is there a list somewhere of all of the different programs with plugins?

Olivier D

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Actually, I have never used the the locale plugins at all. Now that you have pointed them out to me, I am using two of them. Is there a list somewhere of all of the different programs with plugins?

You mean in Llama? If not, you can probably do a google search of tasker compatible apps, or tasker plugin apps.

Olivier D

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site

Atharkhan101

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

Near to my home there is a mosque (0.1 kilometer) I have 6 cells at home. When I go to Mosque, I want my phone to be in 'Airplane mode'. I went to mosque and created new area by name 'In Mosque' and the other is 'Upon leaving Mosque.'

This is not happening, it's not at all going to Airplane mode. I think it's because i live near to mosque. There must be a solution which takes the preference among the nearest cell of the 6 cells when I'm in mosque and work accordingly.

Last edited:

Atharkhan101

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes the developer never responds.

Hello,

Near to my home there is a mosque (0.1 kilometer) I have 6 cells at home. When I go to Mosque, I want my phone to be in 'Airplane mode'. I went to mosque and created new area by name 'In Mosque' and the other is 'Upon leaving Mosque.'

This is not happening, it's not at all going to Airplane mode. I think it's because i live near to mosque. There must be a solution which takes the preference among the nearest cell of the 6 cells when I'm in mosque and work accordingly.

buggy_droid

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
No. It won't work. 100 meters is way too close to be in or out of any area if you use cell location exclusively.

There must be a solution which takes the preference among the nearest cell of the 6 cells when I'm in mosque and work accordingly.
No. It won't work. Your phone doesn't only connect with the nearest cell to your mosque just because you are near it. If your phone is connected to any other cells while you are at the mosque, it won't go to airplane mode.

Instead, install "map add-on for Llama" from Play Store, enable GPS location in Llama settings, and define your mosque using GPS location.
If GPS is disabled when you go to airplane mode, you have to figure out another way to get out of airplane mode other than by location when you leave the mosque.

Good luck!

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
If the are more than one antenna then it should prefer or reorder the antenna. i dint know if Dev can do this.

I think the problem is that if the places are close enough that the phone can connect to either cell tower from either location, how can Llama know when you are at the Mosque?

Hypnotoadd

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I need help. I've been using Llama for a few years now, mostly have had no issues. A year ago I switched from Sprint (HTC EVO 4G LTE) to Verizon (LG G2), everything was fine. A month ago I went back to Sprint, and I don't know if it's something I have set differently on the new phone (LG G3) or if it's a Lollipop issue, but I'm not able to make Llama work properly.

My biggest issue is a basic one, but I'm stuck. I'm having a heck of a time figuring out what to have this phone set on, to pick up towers. On my previous phones I didn't have much trouble, whether on wifi or mobile data I could scan for towers & it would find them. It's not working the same way on the G3 & I'm not sure why? Because of this, even if I manage to find towers, events aren't triggering properly.
My choices are: wifi, or for mobile: Global, LTE/CDMA, CDMA, GSM/UMTS. While at home, I'm mostly on wifi, at work I have to mainly use mobile data since I site on the edge of the wifi area & the signal drops a lot.

Can anyone help? I mostly use Llama to control sound profiles but I really REALLY miss the automation.

Olivier D

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I need help. I've been using Llama for a few years now, mostly have had no issues. A year ago I switched from Sprint (HTC EVO 4G LTE) to Verizon (LG G2), everything was fine. A month ago I went back to Sprint, and I don't know if it's something I have set differently on the new phone (LG G3) or if it's a Lollipop issue, but I'm not able to make Llama work properly.

My biggest issue is a basic one, but I'm stuck. I'm having a heck of a time figuring out what to have this phone set on, to pick up towers. On my previous phones I didn't have much trouble, whether on wifi or mobile data I could scan for towers & it would find them. It's not working the same way on the G3 & I'm not sure why? Because of this, even if I manage to find towers, events aren't triggering properly.
My choices are: wifi, or for mobile: Global, LTE/CDMA, CDMA, GSM/UMTS. While at home, I'm mostly on wifi, at work I have to mainly use mobile data since I site on the edge of the wifi area & the signal drops a lot.

Can anyone help? I mostly use Llama to control sound profiles but I really REALLY miss the automation.

My first guess is that you kept the old cells. If so, then you should remove all cells and make llama learn again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool