Llama - Who's Using It and Any Good Examples?

FLAWLESSVW

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Ok I got the images back in my post. I just can't figure out how to make the "Attached Images" go away at the bottom of my post and just show where I insert them (without uploading somewhere else than here... - that's what I was trying to do the first time to clean it up.

Oh well - they're there and hopefully give some basic overview!

sribalajee

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello, yours sounds to be a bit complex

I do the following to sync every 20 minutes, (you can add locations or time and have one for Wifi and another for Data so that it uses one of the modes )
So it has a pair of events, 1 switches on Wifi or data every 20 minutes and the other one switches it off every 21 minutes. - I think another user also had a similar logic in this forum

Create Event name it something
Click advanced:
Delay Event
Delay Minutes : 1 minutes
Cancel Delay if False
Repeating Event
Repeat Every 20 Minutes

Conditions:
Screen Off

Action: (two actions)
Action 1.
Queue Another Event (enter these details for the Queue Event):
Event Name: Data On
> Queue Delay: 19 Minutes
> Actions: Toggle Mobile Data On
> request sync

Action 2.
Toggle Mobile Data Off
Disable Sync

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Hello, yours sounds to be a bit complex

I do the following to sync every 20 minutes, (you can add locations or time and have one for Wifi and another for Data so that it uses one of the modes )
So it has a pair of events, 1 switches on Wifi or data every 20 minutes and the other one switches it off every 21 minutes. - I think another user also had a similar logic in this forum

Create Event name it something
Click advanced:
Delay Event
Delay Minutes : 1 minutes
Cancel Delay if False
Repeating Event
Repeat Every 20 Minutes

Conditions:
Screen Off

Action: (two actions)
Action 1.
Queue Another Event (enter these details for the Queue Event):
Event Name: Data On
> Queue Delay: 19 Minutes
> Actions: Toggle Mobile Data On
> request sync

Action 2.
Toggle Mobile Data Off
Disable Sync

Hi, you're right, this is more simple than mine and it works. However you will have some issues.

- First, you won't sync at all with the screen on (I guest you still want to receive emails when using your phone). Moreover, if you turn the screen on when syncing, the synchronization won't stop until you turn your screen off.
- For Wifi, if you keep wifi on all the time in your house, this will turn it off, and if you turn the screen on at that moment, you will have to turn it on manually. On the other hand, if you turn wifi on with the screen at home, this causes least problems, but you will still have the first issue.

Because of these and other issues, when I created the events at the end of the synchronization I don't turn off data or wifi (I stop synchronization but don't turn connections off), like I said, I have another event that will turn off wifi (and another event for Data) when the screen is off and there is no synchronization in execution.
Also i have the event that turns wifi on with the screen at home, when there is no synchronization in execution (since it's unnecessary).

Finally, your events are fine if you want the same synchronization rate all the time. I did mine considering peaks and normal schedules for weekdays and weekends differently. All these ideas came for simulating juice defender advanced behavior.

Nevertheless, my events do want I wanted them to do and you can modify them to your likes ;-)

Enviado desde mi GT-N7000 usando Tapatalk 2

pezbailarin

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi. Lots of good stuff in this thread. I've already put to use some of the examples provided here :)

Anyway, there's something I'd like to do, and don't know how - or even if it's possible. I'd like to put my SGS3 into the "battery saving mode".

I can turn the brightness down, turn off the haptic response, turn wifi, BT, data off, even change the wallpaper to a black png. But can I force the CPU speed to 1000 Hz max? Is there some way (android intents?) to accomplish this?

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi. Lots of good stuff in this thread. I've already put to use some of the examples provided here :)

Anyway, there's something I'd like to do, and don't know how - or even if it's possible. I'd like to put my SGS3 into the "battery saving mode".

I can turn the brightness down, turn off the haptic response, turn wifi, BT, data off, even change the wallpaper to a black png. But can I force the CPU speed to 1000 Hz max? Is there some way (android intents?) to accomplish this?

Hi, I don't know if is possible. If it is, we will probably need root access and trough android intents.

I recommend you the app setcpu, you need root access. With this app you can create profiles with conditions like the ones in llama, but the actions are limiting cpu frequency, governors, among others.

Best regards,

danbutter

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok, i have one to figure out here...I have Tmobile and use Wifi Calling at home due to no signal in basement.
I have llama set so that when I leave home disable wifi if not connected. Problem is it never disables the wifi. I leave the house and am not connected anymore so it should...., but doesn't.
I have to use the if not connected part because of wifi calling. If I don't llama thinks I left home the second wifi calling is connected because it shuts off the cell tower reception. If I just say turn off wifi then it is an endless loop.
So what can I do to actually make it disconnect when I really do leave home and am no longer connected? Am I missing something or is this a bug?

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Ok, i have one to figure out here...I have Tmobile and use Wifi Calling at home due to no signal in basement.
I have llama set so that when I leave home disable wifi if not connected. Problem is it never disables the wifi. I leave the house and am not connected anymore so it should...., but doesn't.
I have to use the if not connected part because of wifi calling. If I don't llama thinks I left home the second wifi calling is connected because it shuts off the cell tower reception. If I just say turn off wifi then it is an endless loop.
So what can I do to actually make it disconnect when I really do leave home and am no longer connected? Am I missing something or is this a bug?

Hi, could you post the details of your event?

In the mean time, you could do this:

- rename your location "home" learned by cell towers to "near home"
- in experimental configurations enable wifi polling.
- create an area called "home" and just add as a "cell tower" your wifi name or Mac.
- now your event just should be: when leaving home turn wifi off.
- as a recommendation also create these events:
1. In near home but not at home, change wifi polling rate to 5 min
2. Leaving near home or at home, change wifi polling to never.

Last edited:

skidmark

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
In general, how often do you guys have llama checking for cell towers once it has already learned that area?

Sent from my Nexus 4 on the Solavei network.

bw13

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I use wifi polling, the default is set to every 5 minutes. Shouldn't it turn on every 5 minutes, check for networks and then turn off? My wifi never turns off even though I'm not connected to my networks. I know you can creat a home and near home area and then set it to turn off polling but this defeats the purpose of using wifi to help "locate" your home area. How come the polling doesn't turn it briefly off and on?

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I use wifi polling, the default is set to every 5 minutes. Shouldn't it turn on every 5 minutes, check for networks and then turn off? My wifi never turns off even though I'm not connected to my networks. I know you can creat a home and near home area and then set it to turn off polling but this defeats the purpose of using wifi to help "locate" your home area. How come the polling doesn't turn it briefly off and on?

Yes I think it should if there is not another action involved. So, do you have any other events that handle wifi at your home, like turn it on at home or just with the screen? If you do, those events have priority, so if you turn your wifi on either manually or trough an event, the polling will not turn it off. If you don't, how do you connect to wifi when you want to use it? Manually?

skidmark

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Can someone please explain why I have so many "ignored" events?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362198306973.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362198306973.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 32

danbutter

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi, could you post the details of your event?

In the mean time, you could do this:

- rename your location "home" learned by cell towers to "near home"
- in experimental configurations enable wifi polling.
- create an area called "home" and just add as a "cell tower" your wifi name or Mac.
- now your event just should be: when leaving home turn wifi off.
- as a recommendation also create these events:
1. In near home but not at home, change wifi polling rate to 5 min
2. Leaving near home or at home, change wifi polling to never.

I started over so I can't post what was happening, but your method worked for me...Thanks!
I think the only thing I did different was I set wifi polling to never under leave home and just disable wifi under leave near home.
Works great now.

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Can someone please explain why I have so many "ignored" events?

Those are ignored cell towers, not events. That's mean you not receive signal from them, I think. The thing is that they are useless for llama.

skidmark

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Those are ignored cell towers, not events. That's mean you not receive signal from them, I think. The thing is that they are useless for llama.

Should I have llama relearn my home area so I have less ignored cell towers?

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Should I have llama relearn my home area so I have less ignored cell towers?

Why not? But I think nothing will change. The problem is with the cell towers not llama.

theatrain

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know an alarm app that works with the alarm time condition? The help screen for that condition says it needs an app that uses the NEXT_ALARM_FORMATTED, but I'm not sure which apps do that.

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know an alarm app that works with the alarm time condition? The help screen for that condition says it needs an app that uses the NEXT_ALARM_FORMATTED, but I'm not sure which apps do that.

Hi, I created an event for my alarm.
It plays a music file, the volume increase every one minute, and my synchronization events start after I set a variable on with the alarm.

Best regards,

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I need your thoughts.

I'm trying to create an event that answer calls.
I found this intent:

com.android.phone.callsettings.AnsweringCall

That I think should answer/terminate calls, but I don't know how to fill the form that appears.

You know that when you close the phone to your ear in a call the screen goes off. So I thought that with the screen is off condition and been in a call should work, but it doesn't.

Any ideas?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463