Llama - Who's Using It and Any Good Examples?

Olivier D

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I see.

About the locale plugin, as you are using it here it's redundant, since you can achieve the same with llama only.

About your event, I don't see why it doesn't works. I would add "when variable quiet doesn't have value yes", so it will not change to quiet when it is already in that profile.

About the others, I would improve that when your are not at wifi area, turn off wifi. And when you are, turn off mobile data.

About your post, could you delete the events details and just let the description like in llama? for easier reading

Enviado desde mi GT-N7000 usando Tapatalk 2

I edited my post.

As for the locale plugin, I use it to toggle, where Llama can only Enable or disable...since Llama always says experimental must have mobile data enabled in settings I just go ahead and use the locale plugin. But I have other events where I use the toggle action

My event Quiet keeps firing even when I put to not trigger when profile loud is activated. This happened Yesterday morning until 11:00.

Last edited:

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I edited my post.

As for the locale plugin, I use it to toggle, where Llama can only Enable or disable...since Llama always says experimental must have mobile data enabled in settings I just go ahead and use the locale plugin. But I have other events where I use the toggle action

My event Quiet keeps firing even when I put to not trigger when profile loud is activated. This happened Yesterday morning until 11:00.

By toggle, you mean turning it off and on? If yes, for llama enabling means turning on and backwards.

About the event, isn't loud profile active just from 6 to 10 am? how could it be activated at 23:00?
If you activated it manually, the llama variable loud won't change...

Olivier D

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
By toggle, you mean turning it off and on? If yes, for llama enabling means turning on and backwards.

About the event, isn't loud profile active just from 6 to 10 am? how could it be activated at 23:00?
If you activated it manually, the llama variable loud won't change...

If mobile data is on, toggle switches it off and vice-versa. I have events where I don't need to specifically turn on or off, just to toggle.

The event Loud triggers a confirmation notification starting from 6 am. Yesterday morning I wrote, I confirmed the event Loud but I think that as soon as I turned off my screen, the event Quiet triggered. This happened three times until 11 am

See, I didn't know running an event's actions wouldn't change a variable. Confirmation is not manual, right?

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
If mobile data is on, toggle switches it off and vice-versa. I have events where I don't need to specifically turn on or off, just to toggle.

The event Loud triggers a confirmation notification starting from 6 am. Yesterday morning I wrote, I confirmed the event Loud but I think that as soon as I turned off my screen, the event Quiet triggered. This happened three times until 11 am

See, I didn't know running an event's actions wouldn't change a variable. Confirmation is not manual, right?

Personally, I like to know and control what llama does, and with toggles at some point you might get confused, but if you feel comfortable with, it's ok ;-)

Why do you think it changes to quiet?
To be sure, add the next action to your quiet event: speak: "quiet activated" or something. And the output for where there is still volume (media maybe)...

You could also add it to loud profile.

This way you will know for sure when they are triggered or not.

Olivier D

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Personally, I like to know and control what llama does, and with toggles at some point you might get confused, but if you feel comfortable with, it's ok ;-)

Why do you think it changes to quiet?
To be sure, add the next action to your quiet event: speak: "quiet activated" or something. And the output for where there is still volume (media maybe)...

You could also add it to loud profile.

This way you will know for sure when they are triggered or not.

I get what you mean, but I'm sure because my volume was on 7 and my mobile data on before turning off the screen since I was using the phone to surf the web. One of the times it switched to Quiet, the phone was in my pocket before noticing that I had a missed call and mobile data was off : the profile quiet changes notification and ring volumes to 1 and also the ringtone to one that doesn't freak me out during my sleep

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
This app here is awesome! Thanks to the posters in the thread, I've been able to set a WiFi toggle on/off when not connected to any WiFi network, and conditional screen rotations (contingent on particular apps running.) I have a couple of questions:

1. I'm trying to create a night time "phone calls only" profile, where the phone rings (3/7) but notifications stay off (0/7). Ridiculously, this is not possible in ICS and above. Can I circumvent this with an event, queued event, or in any other way?

2. Can I create an event to automatically play videos in landscape mode?

Olivier D

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
This app here is awesome! Thanks to the posters in the thread, I've been able to set a WiFi toggle on/off when not connected to any WiFi network, and conditional screen rotations (contingent on particular apps running.) I have a couple of questions:

1. I'm trying to create a night time "phone calls only" profile, where the phone rings (3/7) but notifications stay off (0/7). Ridiculously, this is not possible in ICS and above. Can I circumvent this with an event, queued event, or in any other way?

2. Can I create an event to automatically play videos in landscape mode?

1. First uncheck box for "Link ringer & notifications volumes" in sounds settings.
In Llama, profiles tab, edit the desired profile (night for instance), set the volumes for ringtone volume (3/7) and notification volume (0/7).
Create an event with time between condition like from 9 pm to 6 am. I'm currently on Jelly Bean

2. Llama supports this only for custom ROMs. I'm on CyanogenMod and I can choose the screen rotation from 0? to 270?

I hope this helps.

Last edited:

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
1. First uncheck box for "Link ringer & notifications volumes" in sounds settings.
In Llama, profiles tab, edit the desired profile (night for instance), set the volumes for ringtone volume (3/7) and notification volume (0/7).
Create an event with time between condition like from 9 pm to 6 am. I'm currently on Jelly Bean

2. Llama supports this only for custom ROMs. I'm on CyanogenMod and I can choose the screen rotation from 0? to 270?

I hope this helps

2. Got it.

1. I don't see the ""Link ringer & notifications volumes" option. I've checked both Llama settings, and my phone's sound settings. Maybe this is a CM setting? Moreover, Llama kinda tells me that it cannot be done...

Last edited:

Olivier D

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
2. Got it.

1. I don't see the ""Link ringer & notifications volumes" option. I've checked both Llama settings, and my phone's sound settings. Maybe this is a CM setting? Moreover, Llama kinda tells me that it cannot be done...

It must be a CM thing then. Sorry

I'm posting screenshots of what I have, in Llama profile settings that's also where you add noisy contacts, just in case. Noting that I didn't have to separate the ringtone and notification volumes to obtain that Llama setting.

EDIT : Also in llama settings there is a relink volumes option. Posting new screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-04-02-05-42-19.png
    Screenshot_2013-04-02-05-42-19.png
    48.3 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_2013-04-02-05-45-06.png
    Screenshot_2013-04-02-05-45-06.png
    59 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_2013-04-02-06-31-25.png
    Screenshot_2013-04-02-06-31-25.png
    83.5 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

nickmax1

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
hmm that looks good (the linked volumes) but i dont want to install CM (i have tried it and cant get on with it, I will stick to Omega)

any way it can be ported via a MOD perhaps>?

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
It must be a CM thing then. Sorry

I'm posting screenshots of what I have, in Llama profile settings that's also where you add noisy contacts, just in case. Noting that I didn't have to separate the ringtone and notification volumes to obtain that Llama setting.

EDIT : Also in llama settings there is a relink volumes option. Posting new screenshot

Yeah, it's definitely CM. I tried the re-link volume options, but it doesn't do what I'm looking for. I thought about Noisy Contacts too, but that's just contacts whereas I want any incoming call to ring.

Thanks for checking though.

Olivier D

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, it's definitely CM. I tried the re-link volume options, but it doesn't do what I'm looking for. I thought about Noisy Contacts too, but that's just contacts whereas I want any incoming call to ring.

Thanks for checking though.

Got it! Try this :

1. Create an event with Call State condition, when Ringing, set a Time Between condition too and set a desired volume as the event's action. Doing so, your Quiet Profile shouldn't be locked.
OR
2. (Not sure this will work) Create an event with App Notification Bar Icon condition, choose Phone, set a Time Between condition too and set a desired volume as the event's action. No locked Quiet profile either!!

For both events, you have to create an end event. For event 1 Call State condition, When Not In Call, set Ringer/Notification Volume to 0. Or try to figure out another way depending on how it behaves. You don't have to wait until tonight to test it, you can do it during your spare time which you can set in Llama ;)

EDIT : I FOUND A SMALL SOLUTION FOR THE KEYGUARD/NOTIFICATION CONFLICT WHEN DISABLED IN LLAMA ---> https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=com.martinutils.profiletasker&token=Ff_mUHzO I haven't tried it yet but looking forward to :)

EDIT 2 : sorry for all the excitement, but the Profile 4 Tasker app works for CM ROMs only. For those who are interested, I've tried it, I have an event that disables keyguard by using a locale plugin with that app that switches to a profile in which I disabled security. No more keyguard/notification conflict :)

Last edited:

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. A couple of questions:

set a desired volume as the event's action. Doing so, your Quiet Profile shouldn't be locked.

I don't understand this part. How do I set a volume as an action? I don't see an option for ringer/notification volume in actions.

For both events, you have to create an end event. For event 1 Call State condition, When Not In Call, set Ringer/Notification Volume to 0.

Two questions about this: 1. Would the end event be a queued event, or a separate event, and 2. Same question about ringer/notification volume. How do I set it as an action?

Olivier D

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. A couple of questions:

I don't understand this part. How do I set a volume as an action? I don't see an option for ringer/notification volume in actions.

Two questions about this: 1. Would the end event be a queued event, or a separate event, and 2. Same question about ringer/notification volume. How do I set it as an action?

Sorry I wrote it without checking in Llama! What you have to do here is create a profile with your desired volumes and set an event action that triggers the profile.
You have to have two different events, a start event and an end event.

Let's say you create a profile called Night Ring, in it you set volume to 3/7.
You create an event with time between 11 pm to 6 am, when ringing change profile to Night Ring.

Let's say you already have a profile called Silent At Night, in it you set volume to 0/7.
The event associated with it should be time between 11 pm to 6 am, when not in call change profile to Silent At Night.

I'm 90% sure this will work as you expect it to

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Sorry I wrote it without checking in Llama! What you have to do here is create a profile with your desired volumes and set an event action that triggers the profile.
You have to have two different events, a start event and an end event.

Let's say you create a profile called Night Ring, in it you set volume to 3/7.
You create an event with time between 11 pm to 6 am, when ringing change profile to Night Ring.

Let's say you already have a profile called Silent At Night, in it you set volume to 0/7.
The event associated with it should be time between 11 pm to 6 am, when not in call change profile to Silent At Night.

I'm 90% sure this will work as you expect it to

Just tried it. It didn't work :(

Edit: silent profile worked, the ringer profile didn't

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-04-02-15-48-29-1.png
    Screenshot_2013-04-02-15-48-29-1.png
    57.7 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
"Can someone describe in detail about the usage of delay, cancel delay if false and repeat functions that are available there in simple English?"

Delay- This is referring to the delay before a certain action is triggered. For example even though a condition such me entering my home area is present I can add a delay before a certain action such as connecting to the wifi takes place.

Cancel Delay if False- So, lets just use my previous example again. Let's assume that I entered my home area thus potentially triggering me connecting to my wifi. But let's suppose that I had a delay of 10 minutes and I actually left my home area before those 10 minutes were up. In that case my previous condition or trigger would now be false. It really wouldn't make sense for my wifi to turn on if I'm not even home.

Repeat Functions- Let's say I had an automation such as turning data on for a couple of minutes so I could receive my updates and then turning them off. Repeat function would be useful in this case. It just repeats whatever it was that you were doing. May not be relevant for some things but yeah thats the gist of it.

Thanks for the reply crhistian. Now in my case, my home is in different cell zone than the Metro station is. I have created a rule in wife's android that when she leaves home, wait for 10, cancelled delay if false, and then change gtalk status to "Way to office". It never triggers actually. Where is my mistake?

Olivier D

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Just tried it. It didn't work :(

Edit: silent profile worked, the ringer profile didn't

Ok.

Make sure in your Phone Calls Only profile, you have Change ringtone volume checked and set the volume to 3/7, also the Change ring/vibrate/silent mode should be checked and set on Ring. Now that's where I used to be fooled, the Ringtone! Change ringtone has to be checked for this to work in order for the profile to change the ringtone from none or 0, to an actual ringtone. Select a ringtone and you should be good (also make sure your other profiles have a different ringtone unless it's your default ringtone, but you have to choose a ringtone for every profile even if it's the same ringtone).

Now I just stumbled upon something interesting while looking at my profile settings, Change default notification, if you have it there too, it might be useful where you won't need to create two profiles and just use your Silent profile (or PCO depending on what you choose, it's just an identification). Check it and select silent as your default notification :) (for your Silent/PCO profile only...one of them should be disabled at least for testing and if it works, deleted)

If that didn't work either, try with App Notification Bar Icon condition, choose Phone, set a Time Between condition and set profile Phone Calls Only as the event's action.

FOR TESTING PURPOSES, MAKE SURE YOU DISABLE POTENTIALLY CONFLICTING EVENTS/PROFILES (JUDGING FROM THE EVENTS' NAMES ON YOUR ATTACHED PHOTO)

Last edited:

nickmax1

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply crhistian. Now in my case, my home is in different cell zone than the Metro station is. I have created a rule in wife's android that when she leaves home, wait for 10, cancelled delay if false, and then change gtalk status to "Way to office". It never triggers actually. Where is my mistake?

not sure what could be wrong, perhaps gtalk is not an app that can be controlled?

I have a similar event that triggers a locale plugin when i leave the office that sends a text to my wife to say I am on the way.

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Ok.

Make sure in your Phone Calls Only profile, you have Change ringtone volume checked and set the volume to 3/7, also the Change ring/vibrate/silent mode should be checked and set on Ring. Now that's where I used to be fooled, the Ringtone! Change ringtone has to be checked for this to work in order for the profile to change the ringtone from none or 0, to an actual ringtone. Select a ringtone and you should be good (also make sure your other profiles have a different ringtone unless it's your default ringtone, but you have to choose a ringtone for every profile even if it's the same ringtone).

Now I just stumbled upon something interesting while looking at my profile settings, Change default notification, if you have it there too, it might be useful where you won't need to create two profiles and just use your Silent profile (or PCO depending on what you choose, it's just an identification). Check it and select silent as your default notification :) (for your Silent/PCO profile only...one of them should be disabled at least for testing and if it works, deleted)

I tried this. Didn't work.

If that didn't work either, try with App Notification Bar Icon condition, choose Phone, set a Time Between condition and set profile Phone Calls Only as the event's action.

FOR TESTING PURPOSES, MAKE SURE YOU DISABLE POTENTIALLY CONFLICTING EVENTS/PROFILES (JUDGING FROM THE EVENTS' NAMES ON YOUR ATTACHED PHOTO)

Tried this too, and it didn't work. The issue here is that I can't create a "Phone Calls Only" profile (where ringer is on, but notifications are off.) The closest logical workaround would be the two overlapping events we tried, but even that doesn't work.

I'm pretty convinced due to the stupid limitation in ICS, it's not possible to do this. The ideal way of doing Phone Calls Only on a GS3 (if you have a fixed time everyday when you want this activated) would be through Blocking Mode, but, for some reason, WhatsApp notifications don't get blocked in Blocking Mode.

Olivier D

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I tried this. Didn't work.

Tried this too, and it didn't work. The issue here is that I can't create a "Phone Calls Only" profile (where ringer is on, but notifications are off.) The closest logical workaround would be the two overlapping events we tried, but even that doesn't work.

I'm pretty convinced due to the stupid limitation in ICS, it's not possible to do this. The ideal way of doing Phone Calls Only on a GS3 (if you have a fixed time everyday when you want this activated) would be through Blocking Mode, but, for some reason, WhatsApp notifications don't get blocked in Blocking Mode.

Wow I'm surprised even the silent notification doesn't work on your GS3!!

I'm sorry, I'm out of ideas

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670