Llama - Who's Using It and Any Good Examples?

PimmsOclock

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Help please with LlamaTones!

I want a certain Profile to use a certain ringtone when activated. (Mainly because the vibrate on my phone is broken so want to set up something in lieu of Vibrate)
I've got a very discrete ringtone set in Lamatones, but can't get it to ring whenProfile is active. The default ringtone rings instead.
Even at lowest vol setting, this is too loud. I want a gentle nudge ringtone when this profile is active.

Many thanks

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Help please with LlamaTones!

I want a certain Profile to use a certain ringtone when activated. (Mainly because the vibrate on my phone is broken so want to set up something in lieu of Vibrate)
I've got a very discrete ringtone set in Lamatones, but can't get it to ring whenProfile is active. The default ringtone rings instead.
Even at lowest vol setting, this is too loud. I want a gentle nudge ringtone when this profile is active.

Many thanks
Hi,

You don't have to change a llamatone, you have to change the ringtone in the profile itself. You can even set the volume of it.

Regards,

arkaycee

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I want to do something with variables and I can't find a good way to do it. I want to set some variables at Llama startup. Why? I have a phone, a WiFi Android tablet and a WiFi+4G Android tablet, and all three use about 90% of the Llama Events I create, but there are some custom just for certain devices that are irrelevant to others, or even annoying (like opening some apps that are irrelevant to the Wifi tablet that only ever lives at home). I just edit one Llama app that I export and put in Dropbox, and then download and import to the other two, but then I end up having to manually go through the list and shut some Events off. I'd rather just set a couple of variables in one place, and have the Events that are just for one or two devices check the variables as a Condition.

buggy_droid

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I want to do something with variables and I can't find a good way to do it. I want to set some variables at Llama startup. Why? I have a phone, a WiFi Android tablet and a WiFi+4G Android tablet, and all three use about 90% of the Llama Events I create, but there are some custom just for certain devices that are irrelevant to others, or even annoying (like opening some apps that are irrelevant to the Wifi tablet that only ever lives at home). I just edit one Llama app that I export and put in Dropbox, and then download and import to the other two, but then I end up having to manually go through the list and shut some Events off. I'd rather just set a couple of variables in one place, and have the Events that are just for one or two devices check the variables as a Condition.

I would...
group all events into 4; used by all devices, only used by phone, only used by tablet 1, only used by tablet 2.
On each device, disable the whole groups except the ones used on the device. Easy.

arkaycee

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Never mind... I was looking too narrowly. I can use the "Phone Reboot" Condition, which of course is really when Llama starts up after the phone starts up. Now if I could just automatically determine that it's 4G capable or an actual phone vs. tablet I'd be golden. I'm working on it....

arkaycee

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Well, I tried taking a different tack, but it's not working. I figure if I just make Conditions for "Mobile Data Enabled" and "Mobile Data Disabled" to set a variable 4G=1 or 4G=0 that should work (won't need my check-in app popping up if my Mobile Data is turned off, likely). However, on my US-made Verizon Wireless phone, it apparently doesn't think Mobile Data is on when it's on. *sigh*.

ember1205

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
Well, I tried taking a different tack, but it's not working. I figure if I just make Conditions for "Mobile Data Enabled" and "Mobile Data Disabled" to set a variable 4G=1 or 4G=0 that should work (won't need my check-in app popping up if my Mobile Data is turned off, likely). However, on my US-made Verizon Wireless phone, it apparently doesn't think Mobile Data is on when it's on. *sigh*.

Why don't you rely on variables to be what allows a particular event or not. Then, in your events, require specific variables. Manage the entire application as a singular whole, but set the variables to hard-coded values per device. Yes, you'll have to do this each time you import a new version of the exported app, but it should be fairly easy to do.

buggy_droid

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

does anyone knows how to get Waze ETA and send it via SMS or Gmail?

I found out it can be done with tasker (but for Google maps) , as detailed here: https://gist.github.com/whiteinge/4429633

But i don't have the knowledge to import it to LLama, if possible.

Any insight will be appreciated

I don't think you can import anything Tasker into Llama.
Your link uses Google maps API to calculate distance and duration. Don't see Waze mentioned anywhere.
You should be able to access Google maps API to get your ETA without Tasker.
Then it's just a matter of putting that output in a message and send it.
I am not big on sending any kind of messages automatically, so I am not 100% sure if it can be done with or without Llama.
But I am guessing that you can simply use Android standard send intent to do so.
I am not sure at this moment if Llama can pass the ETA to it's intent action or send sms action in form of Llama variable.
If not, just write a short script and run that with Llama (or with anything else you like).

An alternative is to just use Tasker.
I am not a Tasker user, but if it only takes to import what other people have made already,
using Tasker doesn't seem to be so difficult or complex in any way as many say.

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Another question: your know you can speak up variable values by putting the name between double hashtag (##variablename##).

Do you know if the same can be done on another actions, like sending SMS or emails? I've tried several combinations but with no luck do far

buggy_droid

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Another question: your know you can speak up variable values by putting the name between double hashtag (##variablename##).

Do you know if the same can be done on another actions, like sending SMS or emails? I've tried several combinations but with no luck do far

I only vaguely remember others have also "wished" Llama expands variable in its SMS action (meaning, it doesn't).
I myself don't use Llama to send any message so I never looked into it, but if the dev didn't include that function then it doesn't. Period.
It seems to me however, since Llama won't be able to request ETA from G maps on its own anyway, it doesn't matter whether Llama expands variables in SMS. Much of the job needs to be done using a script and the only role Llama could play is to run the script when you want it to.

To some people, writing scripts can be fun. But if you just want your phone to do something specific and if someone else already made it in Tasker, just use Tasker.
It's much easier.

Jindrar

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Did you ever see this behavior?
I have an event which changes my screen timeout to 240 sec when specific applications are running (for example Tapatalk).
When I change in settings of my phone my screen timeout to never or different time and turn on Tapatalk, my screen timeout Llama change to 30 sec not to 240 sec. It happens every time, and I don't know what to do. Other events I have turn off.

Yesterday I tried Tasker and then uninstalled it. Could it be the reason for this behavior?

buggy_droid

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
When I change in settings of my phone my screen timeout to never or different time and turn on Tapatalk, my screen timeout Llama change to 30 sec not to 240 sec. It happens every time, and I don't know what to do. Other events I have turn off.
Are you using the latest beta from the developer's web site?
Android lollipop (and up probably) prevent apps from lookIng at app usage in the way it used to be done. So app in front/back condition may not work properly.
Try the beta if you haven't.

Yesterday I tried Tasker and then uninstalled it. Could it be the reason for this behavior?
Don't know what you did in Tasker, so can't say.

Jindrar

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your reply.
I installed latest version of application and nothing changed. But I found out, when I deleted event and create new one the same, everything is working well. I don't understand it. ☺

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49