Error msg "Problem Loading Widgets" with various Launchers???

surf1

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Searched online and found quite a few threads about this, however no real answers as to the cause/fix.

I have an AT&T GS2, no issues like this on TouchWhiz, but when using Go Launcher Ex, ADW etc... at least once or twice a day my widgets go blank and say "Problem Loading Widgets". Sometimes they come back after like 10-15 minutes other times not, and you have to hard reset to get them back, tried reinstalling and same issue. Sucks, b/c I especially like Go Launcher Ex. Obviously not the only one that has this issue as searching online finds a bunch of threads about it, but like I said no real fixes.

here's a snapshot example:
SC20120124-185031.png

SC20120124-185538.png

and the toggles widget does it also though it's shown here fine:
SC20120124-185811.png

baseballfanz

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Widgets or apps that requires password must be installed to the internal storage.
It can not be move to the FAT32 portion of the sf card.
If the rom support app2ext that work fine.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

surf1

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Does it happen with widgets from different apps? Only widget of a certain app (or the launcher's itself)?
Yeh, like that 3rd pic is the toggle widget from Go Launcher itself and it did the same thing. So far only happened once today, and it popped back up after pressing power button, and then unlocking.
dont put wigets on your sd card or sd ext. or your gona have to redo them every time you boot
I know that already, but don't have sd card anyway, this is on internal storage.

Widgets or apps that requires password must be installed to the internal storage.
It can not be move to the FAT32 portion of the sf card.
If the rom support app2ext that work fine.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
Not sure what you mean, I don't have a password for any widget? But either way their all stored internally, since I haven't gotten an sd card for it ;)

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Try uninstalling the widgets that you are having problem with and reinstall them. Also, do the same to the Home Launchers, sometimes a poor installation can cause the problem.

baseballfanz

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what you mean, I don't have a password for any widget? But either way their all stored internally, since I haven't gotten an sd card for it ;)

Maybe I miss typed. I'm trying to say apps with widget OR apps with password.
Not widget with password. LOL.

but since you have apps install internally disregard my post.:D

GianMaxFactor

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: Error msg "Problem Loading Widgets" with various Launchers???

Sometime my phone hangs and restart, and there are no reason for which I get all widget lost (problem loading widget):

NONE OF THESE I MEAN

Removal of the Application that gave you that widget
Moving of the specific (Widget) Application from Internal Memory to SD card
Upgrading of the Application
Upgrading of the core operating system (leading to reinstall of the Application)
Change of SD card

The only thing I have to do is to delete all widgets and paste them again...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz