Motoblur Email App

mscalero

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I am coming from a Droid 2 to a Galaxy Nexus. Throughout my time with my Droid 2, I primarily used K-9 Mail for my 3 email accounts (not Gmail). One of them (my work) I used push because my work email server (a college) supports IMAP Idle push commands, so I was able to get email pushed to my device.

Later on, I discovered that the Email app on the Droid 2 (I am guessing the Motoblur version) supported push as well, so I began using that, and actually liked that better then K-9 mail.

Now that I am on the Galaxy Nexus, the stock email app (the vanilla Android version) does not appear to support push, only timed polls (syncs).

Does anyone know if the Motoblur version of the email app is downloadable, or if there is one like it, or, if there is a way to get the stock Android email app to support push?

Any advice is appreciated.

Mike

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Pretty sure K-9 is still your best bet. I don't know how long it's been since you last used it, but it has updated a bit over the past year. Although the UI is still ugly as hell (my personal opinion).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

mscalero

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, that's what I am using now.

It is okay, doesn't sync Forwarded flags to Outlook though, like the Motoblur eMail app did.

Plus I just liked how the layout was in the Motoblur email app.

I could just use the stock Email app and just set the sync to every 30 mins or so, but, it's just not the same as push, plus I feel like that might hurt the battery more then push would.

M

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan