Badoo Notifications

Jo5329

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
For some reason I am getting notifications from this app called Badoo.

I don't have it installed - but yet I get this stupid star looking thing in my notification bar. I refuse to go to the link it tries to go to when you click on it.

It happens several times a day and I don't know how to stop it.

Please -- someone help me make it stop!!!

Jo5329

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Okay it is not just Badoo but other notifications. Since no-one here seemed to know what I was talking about I did another Google search and found out the notifications are spam.

I installed AirPush Detector and found that Pinterest was the culprit.

TheJediGoddess

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if that pinterest is a true app from them? I didn't see on their site that they had an android app and it seems highly unlikely that they wouldn't promote it. I saw the app but noticed the "must give a 5 rating in order to use the app" ... decided not to even try it.

WildChild72

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I just got a badoo notification today also. Where the heck is it coming from? I have not ever installed that app before or even used that site. So now what I'm going to start getting spam on my cell :mad:

LinkRiv

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm having this problem as well since downloading what I thought was the official Pinterest app.

I have uninstalled it in hopes that they will stop. Any word on if that will be the case for me?

Jo5329

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Once I used AirPush Detector and uninstalled the Pinterest App I have not received anymore notifications.

I did another search in the market for the Pinterest App and it is no longer there either.

watson387

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm having this problem as well since downloading what I thought was the official Pinterest app.

I have uninstalled it in hopes that they will stop. Any word on if that will be the case for me?

It may be official (I don't know), but that doesn't mean they don't use Airpush to spam your notification bar with ads.

Drunk texted from my FactorySense Thunderbolt.

am4966

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I had the same stuff and Airpush Detection said Cake Story was the app...I let the kids download a game and the app maker starts to SPAM you!

curney

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I used Add on detector and it found my program. Something called bloat freezer.

sent from my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus

nikonjunkie

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I had the same maddening issue for the past couple of days. Thanks for the Airpush Detector rec--found out a Live Aquarium wallpaper app was the culprit.

mforward

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I was getting the same annoying notifications. AirPush Detector found a forgotten Stopwatch/Timer app I installed a couple of months ago as the culprit. I just uninstalled it so I'm hoping that will solve the problem.

barkway2

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I just started getting that stupid Badoo notification too and like you, it's not something I requested, or installed, or subscribed to. How did it get on my ph? Is this a TMobile screw up? HTC? Part of Google's new privacy invasion?:mad:

ericbotticelli

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I got the badoo notification too. It was being sent by a third party app I downloaded to view movies: "Android Media Player". Addons Detector worked for me! Although I was confused by the complexity of the addons detector interface; so I would recommend Airpush Detector because their interface is as simple as it gets.

afdmed3

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
It appears that mine was caused by bloat freezer as well. I ran airpush and it did not detect it, but after running addons detector it stated it was the "bloat freezer free" that was causing the issue. I have the paid version, so I am not sure why the free version was on my phone. But it is now deleted and after about 6 hours no notifications. I will post if they start again.

christian redheart

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
I used the Airpush notification and it showed up that a wallpaper wood fire burning app was doing the addware on my phone. I uninstalled that application (it didnt show up under Apps) and the add for baboloo went away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel