Calendar apps

PreGk

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Got my Evo today and Im wondering if there are any calendar apps similar to the day view layout of the calendar on the Palm Pre.....anyone?

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
not familiar with the pre calendar, but if you looking for some sort of agenda widget, then try pure calendar widget or android agenda widget. both are excellent and extremely customizable

dspcap

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't remember exactly what it looks like, but try this.

On an empty screen, add a widget, then add "Calendar HTC", then swipe over to screen 2 of 3, then select. Is that similar to the pre?

xarophti

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
You might want to take a look at iRT Calendar. I don't know what the layout is on the Pre, but they've put out a high functionality calendar replacement.

Current features:
Multiple calendar support
Event icons
Day view
Week view
Month view - show icon, title, or both
Week/Day views -- display ISO 8601 week number
Quick goto (day/week/month)
Advanced saved search
Quick search All (title/location/description)
Duplicate events
Move events to Today or next day
Preference for default view -- day/week/month
Preference to start days on Sunday or Monday
Preference for 12/24 hr format
Configurable view style
Time from now
Current/Next event indicator
Multiple backup on SD card
Next event widget

Pro Version to come should offer even more features (many of which were available on Palm, that personally I'm looking to have again)
Custom Repeats -- like repeat every other week or every 2 days
Custom reminder
Float events
Mark as complete
Font style option
Font color option
Font background color option
Snooze individual events
Integration with Tasks Applications
Lock time zone preference (being evaluated if possible) -- good for travellers to lock on any time zone
Event Templates
Quarter Year View
Holiday View
Day View with time increments with the convenience of just entering the title
Quick New Event
Add/Edit icons
Single event display widget with next event button
Month view -- scroll events up/down
Month view -- event/icon filter

Screen shots available on their website. Check it out - see if it's what you're looking for.

gslnr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
since the build-in calendar syncs with Google all calendar-apps for Android should sync automatically, if they use the provided database.
That is e.g. true for ScaliCal.

PreGk

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Thanks so far guys...I tried a few (didn't shell out $ for iRT calendar yet) and I'm back to stock.....The Pre calendar allowed you to simply press on a time slot and type right into it.....drag and re arrange appointments....AND ability to turn off notifications/reminders as default.

xarophti

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
androgk, I do realize the iRT costs $; that's why I suggested looking at their website first. (fortunately, they do have EXTENSIVE information on the application there and you can make an informed decision before shelling out for it) And I will say the developer feedback and support can't be beat. (I was an early tester when they brought it down to 1.6) I'm eagerly awaiting the Pro and/or Ultra versions to get even closer to my old Palm functions, even if I end up shelling out a little more. (we're not going to get any decent apps unless somone can make money at it... :)

OnePalmAddict

Addicted 2 Mobile Gadgets
Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Former Pre user with new Evo myself. Two things to consider:

1. Smooth Calendar widget is a nice little tool.

2. Pimlical (soon-to-be-released Android client). Before my Pre I was a long-time DateBk6 user on the PalmOS. Unfortunately, the dev decided not to develop for webOS while continuing to work on a new desktop app with all the functionality (and more) of DateBk that would ultimately sync with multiple handheld platforms. I just received an announcement from the dev less than 30 days ago of the imminent release of an Android client AND notification that Pimlical now syncs with Google Calendar. For me, this is utopia! Watch for it and it might work for you too.

HTH,
ME

PreGk

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I ended up with IrtCalendar...pretty good but i still miss he ability to touch a time slot and just start typing (pre).

veroi

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to have for the reminders additional options than snooze and dismiss. On my old Windows Mobile device I was able to Snooze 15 Minutes/30 Minutes/1hr/1 Day. Any settings??? or app

slthree

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
If pimlico make a calendar for android i would be willing to pay 20 dollars for it. date book 6 on my treo700p/755p was amazing. i did a 30 day trial with the htc hero a few months ago. the only reason i didn't get that phone is because the calendar app from pimlico wasn't available.

please god, let it be true that they're making a datebook for android

DroBoy

May 18, 2010
Visit site
i just installed android widget and choose google default as my calendar, but nothing shows up. I get thiss mssg when i add the widget,"Sorry either you havent selected a calendar or there is no events". I have the N1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463