whats a good "to do" app and "memo" app?

ETjumps

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
new to android from treo, Loving my Evo. Are there any apps similiar to the "to do " and "memo" like the treo has? or even like the pre.
I'm trying astrid, but it isn't simple basic "to do" list like I would like.
Haven't really looked hard yet for a "memo" app. Would I be better off using a doc app?

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
To-Do lists, I'd give Astrid another shot but also look at Remember the Milk.com, which syncs with Astrid. RTM can also sync with Google Mail and/or Calendar so you don't need another interface and are not limited to interaction only through your phone. Astrid syncs well with Pure Calendar - one of the few apps/widgets good enough for me to shell out some dough for. RTM and Astrid are both free.

For Memos, you might want to look at Evernote. It syncs with its own desktop app and accepts voice, photo. web clip, or standard notes/memos. Very deep and useful. And free.

Pro9Chance

May 5, 2010
Visit site
new to android from treo, Loving my Evo. Are there any apps similiar to the "to do " and "memo" like the treo has? or even like the pre.
I'm trying astrid, but it isn't simple basic "to do" list like I would like.
Haven't really looked hard yet for a "memo" app. Would I be better off using a doc app?

Try the "mobisle notes free" application... I'm a former blackberry user and I was looking for simple as well... I've tried several different ones and thus far, I'm impressed! Good Luck!

ETjumps

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Note everything worked great, exported from palm desktop to sd card, then imported to note everthing and can read my memos in airplane mode (which a lot of apps -I had to be on line) I had a lot of memos, so this was fantastic.

Cowchip

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Which app did you go with? As a former BB user I'm looking for a Memopad app without all the online syncing stuff. Just a barebones memopad.

Ky1e.YC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
To-Do lists, I'd give Astrid another shot but also look at Remember the Milk.com, which syncs with Astrid. RTM can also sync with Google Mail and/or Calendar so you don't need another interface and are not limited to interaction only through your phone. Astrid syncs well with Pure Calendar - one of the few apps/widgets good enough for me to shell out some dough for. RTM and Astrid are both free.

For Memos, you might want to look at Evernote. It syncs with its own desktop app and accepts voice, photo. web clip, or standard notes/memos. Very deep and useful. And free.

Totally agree with Astrid, big fan for RTM, so Astrid is def one of top 5 apps. As to Memos, I am not so sure yet. AK Notepad is the one i m trying now, but dont like it very much. Thinking something to do with GDoc, that will be better for sync.

scodoublet

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I use a To Do app called "Got To Do". It works well and it has a nice little widget that comes with it so you can keep your To Do list on your screen all the time. I use it for my bills payment dates. It's nice because you can set them up to occur every month and when you check them off they automatically set up for next month without having to do anything else.

I use Mobisle Notes for a note pad. It works well and I love how it backs up your notes to you SD card so you never lose them when installing roms or upgrading the program.

adrianq

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I am looking for a notepad/to do list app that will allow me to perform an action on a phone number (ex. Text or Call) based on a user option.

A few I have tried only allow you to call the number and offer no option to text directly from the application.

Does anyone know of an application with this feature?

arw01

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I wanted something that would allow me to work on the notes on the pc, and preferably ANY pc. With gdoc I have my notes synced to google docs and can sync them right back to the phone.

xarophti

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Coming from original Palm OS myself, I really like Note Everything by SoftXperience. Very simple UI (some who like fanicier may find it too simple), but you can make your own catagories for notes, etc. Just gives you a simple, lined "sheet" of paper to enter your note. Looks much like the old Palm-type note. You can export the notes to the SD card (or import them), send them by text or email, set reminders for them, encrypt them (Pro Version only, I think), "stick" them to the notification bar, record voice notes, make "paint" notes, photo-notes. I found the program well worth paying the slight fee for the Pro Version (although the developer also offers a free one with fewer features).

(I still haven't found simple To-Do I'm happy with yet...)

Last edited:

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
I use a To Do app called "Got To Do". It works well and it has a nice little widget that comes with it so you can keep your To Do list on your screen all the time. I use it for my bills payment dates. It's nice because you can set them up to occur every month and when you check them off they automatically set up for next month without having to do anything else.

+1 for Got To Do. It also syncs with toodledo.com similar to how Astrid syncs with RTM.

I originally had Astrid / RTM combination but had a problem with repeating tasks "disappearing" the day they came due. Actually they just jumped ahead to the next occurrence leaving no reminder and nothing for me to check off. Support didn't seem terribly interested in fixing.

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
+2 For Got to Do. I sync with Toodledo also, which then syncs with my desktop Outlook. For notes, I'm using 3 bananas, but I'm not overly impressed.

scodoublet

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I forgot to mention that it syncs up with Toodledo. I almost forgot about it even doing that because once you put in your login info it's pretty seamless. Just remembered that it worked great when I put a new ROM on my phone.