why is flash in google chrome not working?

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Adobe came out and said it is not supporting Flash on Mobile any more.. so any browsers coming out from here on out are not going to have it.

i have noticed that if you hit the "full screen" button on videos it will usually play them for you just fine.
only had to open a page once in the stock browser so i could view something.

you have to keep in mind, most pages are made to be viewed on an iphone...which doesn't have flash. so they will usually work without it.

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
There is no flash support but there is HTML5 video, which will allow for some YouTube videos to play in chrome.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Mobile flash is dead. Its useless for Chrome to support it.

I think its a great idea for Google to just choose to not support it anymore. Its a waste of time.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I understand why they're not supporting Flash. But frankly IMO, it's the wrong move at this time (same with limiting Chrome to ICS). Flash is still very prominent across the web and HTML 5 video is still a long way off in competing. Not a day goes by that my iPad using family member doesn't complain about no Flash support while browsing the web. Also considering the increasing power of today's smartphones and fast network speeds, why use the mobile version of a website when you can get the full blown desktop version Flash included? If you want, there is still the option to either disable or set it to on-demand. Don't limit choice and try to force me into something. That's something I'd expect from Apple, not Google. Thus, no Flash = no Chrome. :(

Last edited: