Help me out with Google Voice App

callmebob

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Alright, I have installed the app. I have set the forwarding on my phone based on the instructions on Google Voice to forward unanswered calls to my GV number. The Voicemail seems to work fine. But no matter what I set the app to, I can not make a call using Google Voice. I've tried to set it to make all calls through GV, and I've tried the ask me setting, but my phone will not call out using GV, just the cell phone number. Am I doing something wrong?

callmebob

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Silly question, but is your voice account is set up with a Google number or your own?

Never mind. I figured it out. I can call from my contacts and GV will ask what I want to do. If I call from the dial pad, then I have to enter the area code when I dial, otherwise it calls from the cell number.

One final question though. When I get a voicemail it does give me the correct contact information from the caller. I thought that one of the drawbacks of using GV as Visual Voicemail was that it would list all callers as being from my GV number. I do have the setting on GV to have incoming calls use my GV number so that I can keep the calls airtime free since my GV number is in my Friends and Family. The question I have is do I have something set up wrong or are the incoming voicemails supposed to show the correct contact info? I don't want the calls going against my minutes.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol