Email program that lets you archive gmail messages.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I searched around but searching on email and archive just gives me TONS of hits. I read as many as I could, even the Email FAQ, but have not found an answer so heck with it, new topic. i:Di

I need a good Email program that lets you archive gmail messages. So far the few I tried on my new Evo, HTC's and K-9 don't allow me to archive a message.

Like many of you I have my Gmail tweaked with filters to label message. I don't want to delete them and simply want to archive them so they act like they do on the web. I LOVE the ability of HTC's to group conversations as well

What is basically the best Email program for Android these days? One that does archiving for sure and groups conversations would be nice but I can live without that.

I thought K-9 was but am unsure if that is my best option and it does not seem to group conversations either.

I also want a stand alone app. Using the web itself is okay but I prefer an app.

Last edited:

UncleMike

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure if this will help, but there is a way to configure Gmail's IMAP settings so that deleting a message in the client will actually archive it on the server instead of deleting it. If you're client is using IMAP you may want to look at this.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply man. I thought of that but the when I actually want something deleted it ends up in the ALL folder. Oh well I will keep looking.

It is funny to me though that this is a Google OS, Google=Gmail, Gmail=labels which mean the archive function. You would think that would be as standard as starring a message.

Makes no sense to me that this is so hard to find. Oh well. i:)i

Last edited:

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
The standard Gmail application archives my gmail email just fine.

Yes it does! i:Di
Case of foot in mouth disease! i:Di

I was not really using that as the built in ones and K-9 seemed more feature rich but I was finally playing more and discovered that they don't receive and notify me of my mail like the gmail app does.

Only the Gmail app actually gets my Gmail properly. With that one I get notified right away as Email comes in, and I NEED that! The other ones just go out every x amount of time to check, not a good way to do Email these days, for me at least.

Thanks.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Thanks again, I may play with K-9 more, I have not used it that much really since it did not have archive or conversation grouping.

I am still learning what is what here... I am on the hunt for the best email program with Push, conversation grouping and archive ability.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21