Requesting for an alarm application

tjrundy

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I'm looking for an alarm application and wonder if anyone can help with a recommendation. I would like the alarm to play a podcast rather than sound an alarm. That way I can wake up to something a bit more interesting than a monotonous beep!

I've tried 'Appalarm', but can't see how to make that work with a podcast. 'News Alarm' is close, but I don't want to dismiss the alarm before I hear the podcast - the whole point is that the podcast will rise me from my sleep gently. Bit like a very simple 'old skool' radio alarm that you can buy from ebay for $1. Makes you wonder why my $500 phone can't do the same thing... (technological progression etc. blah blah)...

Anyways, Please can anyone recommend a way of making this work? I'm running Android 2.1 on a Motorola Milestone / Droid.

Thank you in advance!

Tom.

xarophti

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Now, I have not tried any of these (I need a rude alarm, and use the stock rooster when I use the phone's), but I'm seeing in the Market:

Gentle Alarm that allows you to pick your own song, so I assume you could pick a downloaded podcast. Seems to have good reviews, costs 1.69 EU

Alarm Clock Extreme (US $.99) also lets you choose your own music and seems to have mostly good reviews.

Alarm Music Ringtone (UK 1.37) also lets you select your own alarm. No reviews

Better Alarm Clock (free) lists "music alarm"; reviews list "nice making any song or tone you want your alarm." Overall good reviews. Certainly worth a look since it's a freebie. And Better Android is known for some decent apps.

One alarm clock app note: if you install an alarm clock replacement app and you're using a task killer, make sure to put it in the "ignore" list. Many problems listed with these apps seem to be caused by people using a "kill all" function and then they lose their set alarms (and then complain to the developer that the app doesn't work...)