Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    thegov's Avatar

    Posts
    141 Posts
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts

    Default bi-weekly event repeats for calendar...

    Is thee a way to set a bi-weekly event on the htc or the standard android calendar? or can someone suggest one from the app market that allows this type of event to be set. basically i'm off every other friday and its nice to have those days highlighted on my calendar..
    thanks
  2. #2  
    terpitude71's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,165 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

    Default

    i dont think you can on the calendar on the phone, but you can on your google calendar on your pc and then it will sync with your phone calendar automatically
  3. #3  

    Default

    EASY!

    Create your event and set it to repeat monthly... then create another event two weeks later and set that to repeat monthly. Voila!
  4. #4  
    Maximaniac's Avatar

    Posts
    94 Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth v2.0 Beta2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Braaainz View Post
    EASY!

    Create your event and set it to repeat monthly... then create another event two weeks later and set that to repeat monthly. Voila!
    That wouldn't work every month. I'm trying to do this too cuz my payday is bi-weekly. In October this year, there are 5 Fridays instead of 4, so that method wouldn't cover the last Friday of the month. Is there a calendar app on the market that allows bi-weekly scheduling?
  5. #5  
    Nebilim's Avatar

    Posts
    219 Posts
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts

    Default

    Try Astrid. it can do biweekly reminders
  6. #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by terpitude71 View Post
    i dont think you can on the calendar on the phone, but you can on your google calendar on your pc and then it will sync with your phone calendar automatically
    This using Google Calendar.

    I have two work schedules that are biweekly so I create one event for several days of the week and then a second event for other days of the week, set both to alternately biweekly. Voila.
    Nexus 6, Midnight Blue
    Previously: Moto X (Ebony wood back, silver accents, black front) - Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Droid X - Blackberry Tour 9630 - Dumbphones
  7. #7  

    Default

    Yes. There is no bi weekly set up. The iPhone has it and the Android is a lot better than the iPhone. Come on Android think what people are thinking!!!
  8. #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thegov View Post
    Is thee a way to set a bi-weekly event on the htc or the standard android calendar? or can someone suggest one from the app market that allows this type of event to be set. basically i'm off every other friday and its nice to have those days highlighted on my calendar..
    thanks
    Gemini Calendar
  9. #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by terpitude71 View Post
    i dont think you can on the calendar on the phone, but you can on your google calendar on your pc and then it will sync with your phone calendar automatically
    I did this. It doesn't really work. The phone doesn't replicate the custom repeat events, for me. If I open the event on my phone, the drop-down box for repeats indicates "no repeat" instead of custom.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: bi-weekly event repeats for calendar...

    I have the same problem with bi-weekly reminders for payroll, and stumbled across the biweekly repeat. Try this.

    1. Go to the online Google Calendar.
    2. Create the event.
    3. It may not work when you first create the event, but it worked after I created an even with a monthly repeat reminder. When I went back to edit the event by clicking on it in my online google calendar, scroll down to the reminder, click "edit" on the repeat reminder.
    4. Choose Weekly from the drop down list on "Repeats:" and then select "2" from the drop down list on "Repeat Every __ Weeks"
    5. Click Done to save it.

    Hope this helps!
    Thanked by:
  11. #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big ER View Post
    Gemini Calendar
    Although his avatar is wrong, his answer about Gemini Calendar is correct.



    Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
  12. #12  

    Default Re: bi-weekly event repeats for calendar...

    On my Google calendar (using a web browser from my desktop computer) I can select repeat weekly and then repeat every 2 weeks.
  13. #13  
    lsmunoz's Avatar

    Posts
    301 Posts
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts

    Default Re: bi-weekly event repeats for calendar...

    Touchdown lets me create bi weekly appts.
    Dumb phone -> BB8830WE -> BB Curve 8330 -> Incredible -> DROID X ----->Galaxy S3
  14. #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thegov View Post
    Is thee a way to set a bi-weekly event on the htc or the standard android calendar? or can someone suggest one from the app market that allows this type of event to be set. basically i'm off every other friday and its nice to have those days highlighted on my calendar..
    thanks
    I downloaded the gemini application and set up bi-weekly reminders and deleted it because it wasn't worth it (download was free). When I removed it, the bi-weekly events were stored in my phones standard calendar.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: bi-weekly event repeats for calendar...

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximaniac View Post
    That wouldn't work every month. I'm trying to do this too cuz my payday is bi-weekly. In October this year, there are 5 Fridays instead of 4, so that method wouldn't cover the last Friday of the month. Is there a calendar app on the market that allows bi-weekly scheduling?
    LMAO... wouldn't it be nice if every month only have four weeks. But year I run a small service company and we have accounts that are on a bi-weekly basis and it's a real pain in the *** setting up the schedules. We use the google maps and have them linked w/ techs but I haven't as of yet found a way to do it.........
  16. #16  

    Default Re: bi-weekly event repeats for calendar...

    Quote Originally Posted by taldayan View Post
    On my Google calendar (using a web browser from my desktop computer) I can select repeat weekly and then repeat every 2 weeks.
    Damn...... I feel like a total dumb ***! Wish I would of though of this before. Thanks you just saved me a lot of time X-)

Posting Permissions