Erase past web history that's on "back" button?

hyzerponix

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I know where the "clear web browser history/cache/cookies etc." options are on my EVO, but I noticed the past pages can still be accessed by way of the "back" button. Is there an App or any other way to delete these past pages so they cannot be accessed with the "back" button? Just wanting something like this for privacy reasons in case someone asks to play with the phone.

I am a total newbie to Android and smart phones in general. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Mike

anon(12496)

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
I think I know what you mean, you erase the history, but you can still go "back" in the browser. Do the following, open up the Windows menu, create a new window/tab. The browser automatically switches to this new page, but go back to the windows menu and close the window you came from with the X. This cleares the backtrack history since it is tied to the window/tab, now you can erase your private data.

hyzerponix

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, Foxman. I think that might work for now, but I do hope to find an App that can completely clear all browsing history including the ability to reach past pages with the "back" button.
Last night at work, I let a female engineer play with the phone, and she hit the "back" button and an email of a nasty pic someone sent me popped up, and it was rather embarrassing. Just trying to ensure something like that doesn't happen again!

-Mike

z0phi3l

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
I was under the impression that the back button only worked for the current session like on a desktop browser, so if you exit to the main screen it would clear the history, an I wrong here?

anon(12496)

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
I was under the impression that the back button only worked for the current session like on a desktop browser, so if you exit to the main screen it would clear the history, an I wrong here?

Yup! Since the apps stay in the memory after you close them, they will only reset if the Android system kills them for some reason.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante