Facebook notifications (in the app)...how can I go to and/or dismiss

OnePalmAddict

Addicted 2 Mobile Gadgets
Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Android/Evo newbie from Palm Pre...Facebook app seems decent but when I view my notifications, I can't seem to actually go to any of them nor dismiss any of them. I can tap the globe icon to the right of each notification and it will open of the actual post on the FB site, but when I return to the FB app, the notification is still there as if it's new. What am I missing? How can I go to or dismiss the notifications in the Facebook app itself?

Thx!
ME

Schmid7y

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
greetings fellow webOS'er! I am also a former webos guy and I left because of everyone is dropping out to Apple and palm.

anyway, that is really the only thing missing from the Android fb app, the ability to view notifications. it seems like a really simple thing that just hasn't been implemented yet. Well, that's as far as I know.

wryun

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have no problem VIEWING notifications in the FB app...I just can't do anything with them.

ME

Same. It is the fb app's fault. I use an Incredible, so I have the same issues. For some reason facebook/android did not include active/push notifications for wall posts, and when you view notifications in the fb app, they are useless. No interactions. I hope an update rolls out soon that opens up these features. I have used fb a lot less since switching. LOL

OnePalmAddict

Addicted 2 Mobile Gadgets
Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Interesting. At least I know it's not just me. FB for Palm webOS had some similar issues, but after a couple very timely updates, notifications became useful, although just a tad slow still. Based on all I've seen/heard, I'm optimistic that the FB for Android app will continue to improve. Either way, we'll see...

ME