Titanium Backup Pro Sync with Google Drive Issue

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
My Dropbox is almost full so I havn't tried it. I did try box, but I think was hitting a file size limit that was causing a failure. I tried the Google Drive upload again and it's been running for about 30 min now.

redfearnb

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I only started having these same sync issues about a month ago. I have great WiFi access and I have tried both Dropbox and Google Drive without success. I've also deleted all files and backed up from scratch with the same errors when attempting to sync online. I even completely removed all the applications and security tokens (TBP, Dropbox, and Google Drive) and then reinstalled and reauthorized everything. I even bought a new phone and have been having the same issues with my Epic 4G Touch.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I only started having these same sync issues about a month ago. I have great WiFi access and I have tried both Dropbox and Google Drive without success. I've also deleted all files and backed up from scratch with the same errors when attempting to sync online. I even completely removed all the applications and security tokens (TBP, Dropbox, and Google Drive) and then reinstalled and reauthorized everything. I even bought a new phone and have been having the same issues with my Epic 4G Touch.

Are you never able to get any sync data transfers to Dropbox or Google Drive at all, or are the backups failing in process, after some data has transferred?

I know that Google Drive is more flaky on syncs from TB than to Dropbox - for example, on a 524MB Google Drive backup yesterday. I had to restart it three times to complete the transfers. It does seem that the backups restart pretty much where they failed, so it isn't necessary to transfer the entire block repeatedly.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
The problems with backups to Google Drive from TB have increased for me, since my last post. Network failures continue to occur, but now, restarts don't incrementally progress as they had previously, so I am no longer able to complete the backup at all.

For example, I've made at least ten restarts of a backup over the last 5 hours, and all have reported an initial 233 MB backup, and all have failed, with no more than 20% completion. For the moment, backups to Google Drive are of no real value for me.

mikoal

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
hey vicw926a4

I'm having some troubles too im on TBP 5.6 and whenever i sync to either drop or drive i get "upload to google drive failed network error". However i dont need to resume, i can continue. Im not sure if those backups are viable since it was disconnected so many times.

You said you've been talking to TB people and were u able to find anything? I dont see a lot of this happening.

When i tried the new TB free trial, it would freeze or stall on a file called "com.android.sharedstoragebackup"

It would be nice if there was a solution to this.

thanks!

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
hey vicw926a4

I'm having some troubles too im on TBP 5.6 and whenever i sync to either drop or drive i get "upload to google drive failed network error". However i dont need to resume, i can continue. Im not sure if those backups are viable since it was disconnected so many times.

You said you've been talking to TB people and were u able to find anything? I dont see a lot of this happening.

When i tried the new TB free trial, it would freeze or stall on a file called "com.android.sharedstoragebackup"

It would be nice if there was a solution to this.

thanks!

I haven't really had any exchanges with the TB folks lately. I'm able to backup to Google Drive and Dropbox, but it's a bit fragile. It seems like any transmission error results in an abort of the backup, but overall, it's working pretty well to both.

One thing I have found you need to be really careful with on Google Drive is that you haven't filled your available space. I wasted several hours this week, before it dawned on me to check the drive status, and it was full. You can see it in Google /Settings/Storage. If you are near or at the filled up status, you may be able to empty the Trash on the drive, reorganize your data, or of course Google will me more than happy to sell you more space.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

mikoal

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
so then theres no real solution with the unstable uploads?
Not sure why i havent heard more of this.
i am using an out dated tbp though, im guessing not much improvements on the newer ones?

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
so then theres no real solution with the unstable uploads?
Not sure why i havent heard more of this.
i am using an out dated tbp though, im guessing not much improvements on the newer ones?

The backups work, but the code seems to me to be not very robust. You need to watch your notifications to make sure the backup was successful, and if not, run another one manually.

It's annoying, and I don't think it's going to change, but TB is so important and valuable to me, I'm willing to cope with this one weak area.

I wouldn't give up TB on my Android devices.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

tsolive

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I just found this thread looking to see if anyone else had the same issue as I. The reason I even bought the pro version of TB was because of it's "ability" to upload to Dropbox. It did when I first bought it but have only tried recently and it never completes. Tried Google Drive just now and same thing. But...come to think of it, my wifi isn't the best here at work, and now I can't remember if I tried at home. I'll give it a go and see what happens this evening.

jeff8478

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I started with TB Pro backups to Dropbox and never had a problem. A couple of days ago, I decided to switch to Google Drive because I want to use all my Dropbox capacity for other things. Guess what. Same problem as above, Google drive fails midstream, repeatedly. I'm back to Dropbox and doing a backup now. No problems so far.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I started with TB Pro backups to Dropbox and never had a problem. A couple of days ago, I decided to switch to Google Drive because I want to use all my Dropbox capacity for other things. Guess what. Same problem as above, Google drive fails midstream, repeatedly. I'm back to Dropbox and doing a backup now. No problems so far.

FWIW, I had a similar incident where I consistently couldn't complete my sync to Google Drive that turned out was because I was already almost at my full use capacity in Google Drive, Once I got rid of some files and cleaned out the Trash, I was able to again backup successfully. I have since expanded my account to give me more working space.

IMHO, TB coding for the syncs/backups is really not very robust. The notifications are pretty nondescript and there is no real logging. It seems to me that any glitch in the data transfers cause the syncs to exit, rather than execute any retries.

I've been running TB backups on as many as 4 Android devices, and consistently on 3 of them, to Google Drive and to Dropbox, so I am doing at least nine a week to each of them. In my use, I get failures here and there on each of them. I monitor the notifications and rerun manually whenever it reports an error, rather than a completion. I need to start keeping a log on which one fails the most.

The only saving grace in the error exits is that usually, the files that were uploaded prior to the exit don't have to be transfered on the subsequent manual sync, so it will make progress until all of the files are transferred. I wish things could be cleaner in this regard, but I don't think it will happen. TB has been so valuable to me, I am willing to live with this area of weakness.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk HD

yourhums

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I recently rooted my Motorola Droid 2 and installed Ti Backup. I enabled sync to Google Drive and ran through the sync process twice. It claims to have synced successfully after a long upload, but when I check my Google Drive, there are no backup files present or any activity listed for uploads. Any ideas?

Thanks!

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I recently rooted my Motorola Droid 2 and installed Ti Backup. I enabled sync to Google Drive and ran through the sync process twice. It claims to have synced successfully after a long upload, but when I check my Google Drive, there are no backup files present or any activity listed for uploads. Any ideas?

Thanks!

I've been uploading TB backups to Google Drive and to Dropbox for many months, from 3 different Android devices, 3 times a week, and I haven't experienced that. The only times I thought the files might have disappeared turned out to be when I had inadvertently connected to my wife's Google Drive account. I've backed up files encrypted and not encrypted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463