Millimeters: Android tape measure app

droideilhan

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi there,

Today we are pleased to announce the release of our new Android application: Millimeters.

Millimeters is an Android application which allows you to measure a distance using your cell phone. Need to know if the new kitchen table will pass the door ? Millimeters gives you the answer. Many additional features are coming.

Features:
* Measuring distances 0-10 m
* Locales : english, french
* Need to be running Android 1.5 or later

Usage:
1) Place the phone on a flat horizontal surface.
2) Press the "Start" button to start the measurement.
3) Move the phone from the left to the right.
4) When the phone is stopped, press the "Stop" button.
5) The distance appears. o/

fr1n.png
getimagese.jpg

Demo:
YouTube - Millimeters : Android tape measure app

QR code:
qrcodesmall.png

Enjoy!

Regards,

droideilhan

Chillout80s

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like a cool idea, although I'd like to see it be a free trial version to see how it works. I hate paying for apps without knowing how they work first. I realize you get the 24 hours to do a refund but still.

Either way, i definitely like the concept. :)

anon(12496)

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
I would be really interested to know which phone sensors this app uses, and how accurate it is. I can't imagine how you do it! All an average phone has is the accelerometer, compass, camera, GPS and maybe a light sensor...

ChrisC

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious too.

The camera probably would be way to out of focus to be able to image the surface going by, plus the app would need to have different calibrations for different phones' cameras.

The accelerometer could do it, via integration (twice), but that has got to be horribly inaccurate.

Plazmic Flame

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
What's confusing about something like this is..... where exactly is the starting point? The middle of the device? The left or right side? The top or bottom...? Note sure, seems very cool though!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon