Lightbox vs. Photo Sharing Apps?

althomas39

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone use Lightbox for their photo sharing pleasures?

Now that Facebook stole Lightbox from us, shutting the site down, I'm looking for a replacement photo-sharing app. So what do you use?

For those unfamiliar, the thing that distinguished Lightbox for me was an incredibly professional looking interface, a great camera replacement, and they automatically gave you your own tumblr-esque photo blog with your own URL and everything. It is so smooth and beautiful, without any cheesy hipster themes or graphics. It's still up until June 15, so you can see it at Lightbox is joining Facebook.

So what do you guys use for photo editing + sharing?

phillysdon04

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm using Streamzoo. I love their community.
si_2231411_0visv186md_lr.jpg

althomas39

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Wicked, I've noticed a lot of Lightbox refugees migrating towards Streamzoo. I'll probably use that and EyeEm at the same time for a few weeks, see which I gravitate towards. They seem to be the top two.

anon(318873)

May 15, 2011
Visit site
The thing I loved about Lightbox was that it collected the photo's from people on my twitter and facebook feeds to make them easier to view. As near as I can tell there is no other app that does this other than an app called TweetPhoto which doesnt work on my SGS2 or Xoom. Does anyone know of an app that will do it?

phillysdon04

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
The thing I loved about Lightbox was that it collected the photo's from people on my twitter and facebook feeds to make them easier to view. As near as I can tell there is no other app that does this other than an app called TweetPhoto which doesnt work on my SGS2 or Xoom. Does anyone know of an app that will do it?
Alphascope can collect Facebbok, Twitter, Tumblr & Instagram pictures for easy viewing.

Reactions: anon(318873)