icon-style widget for weather? and current date?

bennish

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, pre defector here. I really miss the calendar icon actually having the correct date. I know that the 'tcalendar' widget does, but its caption is the date too. Any icon-style widgets that just say 'calendar' but have the date in the image?

Also, I can't believe there aren't any 1x1 icon-style widgets for weather!! Just a number, like 25?, and a sun or cloud or whatever. Anyone know of something like this, or willing to make one? I'd totally pay for a widget like that.

I'm really digging icon-style widgets, like the sms or gmail unread notifications. Just amazed people haven't taken these things further! Twitter app with an icon showing unread, music icon/widget with album art... these things would be so awesome!

Or am I crazy?

TheReclinerJockey

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I know that they make both types of widgets, have you searched the market?
For the date I use Calendar in Status Bar which tells you the day and the date & you can set what app opens when you click on it.
For the music, if you use the default music app you can use Pure Music Widget which does have a 1x1 widget w/album art & lets you skip forward, play/pause & open the app.
If you search for weather widget, the one w/the icon used to be one of the first few.
Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Kupe

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
You can also use the Weatherbug Widget (small) for a single icon weather report.

I use Beautiful Home and select the "smaller" version. It takes up a row of icons, but it gives you day/date, time, and weather all in one with user-configurable buttons to run whatever program you want when you tap the day/date, time or weather portions of the widget.

Last edited:

Runnin_it

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Cosign the Weatherbug widget. It's 1x2, but does what you want. The HTC calendar has a 1x3 widget that shows the correct day along with upcoming events.

bennish

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
thanks guys! very helpful people here.

i took a look at what i think is nyx528's suggestion - it has an FC prob tho. But i'll keep looking!