Swype BETA (6/16/2010) - Discuss Here

Bigchris

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I tried to get the swype beta after I sent it to ny email when I click the link it goes to a page that says my evo is not an android device. Does it just not work for the evo?

Make sure you have "Mobile View" checked in the settings for the internet browser.
Should work after that.

C01E

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I had to re install it three times to get it working but it works great now. Freaking love it!

- Sent from my HTC Evo-4G using Taptalk Pro.

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
just got it working, lol took me 8 tries takes some getting used to but Im liking so far. works better in portrait mode than landscape on the evo

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Lol Finally got it working on the second time around. Now I go into the menu and see what version it is, only to realize i wasted all this time to get the same version I already had..... Feeling kinda cheated...

FYI Version# 1.56.30.7625.t100 (This is the version everyone else has right?)

Last edited:

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I love the Swype Keyboard.... I got the Beta invite yesterday but had it on my Nexus One and put it on the EVO June 4 when I got the puppy. I signed up for the Beta thing months ago and had some what forgot I signed up until I got the e-mail yesterday. I uninstalled the "Bootleg" copy I was using so I am "OFFICIAL" now.... A heck of a lot quicker to text than individually typing... Love it...

llasch

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I got my beta invite today and it's working fine (after a couple re-installs and tweaks). Anyone know how long we will have it for??? I don't think I can go back to a regular keyboard

Bigchris

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Wow, got it on my EVO, and damn..... Its so much better.. I love Swype... I mean, I didn't have to bad of time with the stock keyboard, but wow....

Ledge

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I can't seem to get the double tap correction to work. It highlights the word, but a box doesn't come up. Anyone else having this issue, or maybe there's some setting I need to change? Loving Swype so far... EVO

hockey4life0099

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
i dont have my evo yet but i want this. do you think if i sign up now, the download will still be availible once i get it (in a few days). im worried the beta is going to close again.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
i dont have my evo yet but i want this. do you think if i sign up now, the download will still be availible once i get it (in a few days). im worried the beta is going to close again.

@Hockey.... Sign up for the Beta and then go over to XDA developers website and you can find links... Just make sure you download the 156. version and you can get it right away... I signed up for the Beta 4 months ago and just yesterday got the Beta link from Swype directly.... But I have been using Swype since the June 4 launch of the EVO and I even had it on my Nexus One.... Once I got the official beta from Swype I removed the version I downloaed from XDA and installed the true beta.... They both appear to work just the same...

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
The true beta is the same as the latest at several places. Sign up now, rumor has it the signup period will only be 2 days long this time around and may not open back up for awhile if ever.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Posting links to beta's posted of swype is prohibited here. They have been getting on people because of it here lately watch your step. I imagine the Swype team wasn't happy about it, either way don't do it. Just sign up for the beta it's open now....freakin pirates ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol