Recommendations for something like "Mode Switcher" on WebOS

cdjh

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
It is not anything to do with multitasking. Mode Switcher is a brilliant WebOS app that allows you to set 'Modes' with things like wifi on/off, screen settings, volume/phone settings, etc. Then you can set triggers to automatically switch between your modes such as time of the day, plugging in or unplugging the charger, even GPS location.

So perhaps you could have it mute the phone during work hours and automatically turn it back up at whatever time you get out of work. Or automatically flip the wifi on when your GPS location shows you close to home.

Is there anything like this for Android? WebOS users would know how awesome this is.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Quick profiles is free and will let you set up the modes like you're talking about but you have to manually activate the one you want. There's also an app called Locale that lets you set profiles based on conditions you set and has a lot of other functionality that can be added using plugins but it's a little pricey at $9.99

kmaxima

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I am using a program called EasyProfiles. EasyProfiles by SmartDyne

It is pretty new, and there are a few things but so far it is working well and the dev seems pretty good and keeping it going and being responsive. It has pretty much everything you are asking for there I think.

cdjh

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
great recommendations, thank you all. I've done some looking at them. Locale looks awesome but expensive. I tried Setting Profiles Lite for a day and it is ok, may work. Then I stumbled on Tasker. It is in beta but it can be found on their website. Looks good so far. Multiple rules for each profile with AND logic I think. Not as polished as some of the others, but very powerful. And I think some of the Locale plugins will work with it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800