Apps for parents with kids who own phones

thirsy1258

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Hello all. I wanted to know if there was any apps you guys use as parents. Maybe gps or something. I dont need any spy stuff as my kids know better and I sometimes check their phones anyway. Are there any geo fences or sms apps that notify parents when certain triggers happen?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
You could use something like Tasker or Setting Profiles for that, but you can also use SeekDroid which will let you locate the phone in a web browser and set up fences (so you get notified if the phone leaves or enters an area). You can even hide the app and set a password on it so it can't be disabled.

It also had some other cool stuff...like if the phone is lost or stolen you can send a message to it, sound an alarm, lock it, change or set the paradise, and even wipe it.

I don't know off hand if the fences feature requires the paid membership or not though.

There's another app called Cerberus that has similar features.

I think it's a good idea to have one of these installed anyways, just for the peace of mind of having it if the phone is lost or stolen or if you need to locate your kid.

Last edited:
Reactions: thirsy1258

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power