Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Which finger do you Swype with?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Thumb

12 25.00%
  • Index Finger

22 45.83%
  • Both...depends

12 25.00%
  • Something else

2 4.17%
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What finger do you swype with?

Just curious, do you guys swype with your thumb or index finger? or another finger?

I find it difficult to swype with my index finger if i'm moving around but it's harder to type double letters at the edges of the keyboard with my thumb.

I use my thumb but I find myself pressing too hard on the screen at times.

Right thumb cause it requires only one hand. Index finger isn't practical unless you want to hold it with one hand and write using the other. I don't have any accuracy issues and I type pretty fast using it.
    Android Advocate

Global Posts
    3,848 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyBean 4.1.2/Stock

I mostly use my thumb, but if I'm tweeting I use my index to be more comfortable.

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

I use my index finger. It never dawned on me to use my thumb. I'll have to try it out.

I 'one hand' it very reliably with my thumb however; if I have both hands free or can set the device down on a flat surface, I use index finger and am lightning quick. Either method though is a lot faster than I ever was on a physical keyboard/BB device.
    "Some see the glass as half-empty, some see the glass as half-full. I see the glass as too big."
    - George Carlin

I am apparently not coordinated enough to do it with my thumb. Too many mistakes.

If I'm pissed off at the person I'm writing to...my middle finger.
    Otherwise my thumb.

my right index finger