Xfinity TV player app APK

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9188824/XFINITY™ TV Player.apk

I know, I posted this on the Acer A100 forms, but I thought others may need it as well.

Xfinity TV Player. If you are a Comcast customer and want to watch movies or TV shows on your mobile device, but Google says you have a incompatible device (like my A100) and want to give it a shot anyhow like I did (and it works just fine). The drop box link is above.

Please "Thank" if you download.
PM me if you need it emailed.

Reactions: bwhitmer

bobrcw

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I installed the Xfinity TV Player from the dropbox link and installed it on my Visual Land Connect tablet running Android 4.0.3. Tried it out and found that it plays the audio, but no video.
Previously I had side loaded the Xfinity TV Player copied from my Samsung Fascinate cell phone running Android 2.3.5 onto the tablet and had the same problem; audio, but no video. It does work properly playing audio and video on the phone.
Anybody have an idea of what to do to fix it to get the video on the tablet?

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
There is a minimum screen resolution to use this app. I am not familiar with that tablet you are using, but the 800x480 tablets will not work. I think 1024x600 or better, Plus it has to be 16:10 or 16:9. The 4:3 tablets on Andriod won't cut it.

bobrcw

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
The Visual Land Connect tablet (VL-879-8GB) has an 800x480 display, but so does the Samsung Fascinate and the audio and video both play on it.

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
It depends on if the App is picking up your device as a tablet or phone. If it see's it as a tablet, then it will not run as those screen resolutions. It tries to send the 1024x600 signal. Which your tablet cannot display. So you get sound, no picture. When the App sees the device as a phone, you get lower resolutions.

I have heard of some tablets that run Android 2.2, or 2.3 that are seen by apps to be phones and run at the lower resolutions however. With your tablet being ICS, I do not think the app would see it as a phone though.

You would need to wait to see if someone hacks the App to allow you to choose the screen resolution.

jmmegill

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Thank you Thank you Thank you! The only reason I was sad about switching from Netflix to Streampix was because I couldn't get it on my Kindle Fire...Thanks for the file!

wildsdark

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Downloaded the .apk and installed it on my Kindle Fire. Works great! Thanks much for the file!
I just wish that Comcast included the major networks (ABC, CBS, NBC) with the current programming like their website has. Unless I searched wrong, I couldn't find them.....

Last edited:

wildsdark

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
How do I locate/access the .apk file on my kindle fire?

To find the apk file you need to have a file manager on your Kindle Fire. The one that I use is "ES File Explorer" which is free in the Amazon App store. I copied the apk file that I downloaded onto my laptop into the downloads folder on the Kindle Fire and installed it from there.

Last edited:

dsterling9

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Lordy...what a work around! Finally got it to work though. Got to get the page bookmarked and will be good to go! Thanks everyone!

Anyone know how to find the app once installed on the Kindle Fire HD?

BillyJoeW

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I am about to purchase one of two Android based tablets - either Amazon's Kindle Fire HD or Google's Nexus 7. I want to get feedback from the Forum on whichtablet would be the best for use with Comcast's Xfinity and Email as well as Netflix streaming. I like the Kindle Fire HD for its high resolution screen, overall picture quality, stereo speakers, and mini HDMI output jack, but I am concerned about being restricted by the Amazon Browser and limited Amazon Apps. I like the Nexus 7 for its high resolution screen, Google Chrome Browser, and its open architecture, but worried about picture quality, mono sound, and lack of mini HDMI output jack. I would appreciate seeing any feedback from those running Xfinity, Comcast Email, and Netflix on either of these tablets - positive or negative comments are welcome - thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair