Unable to Uninstall Apps on ICS

alias2on2

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys! I've had an issue with my GNex from day one that, to this day, have been unable to figure out. I guess I should just grow a set and ask =P

I have a GNex with stock Android 4.0.4, and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to uninstall my apps! I can't uninstall them through Google Play nor can I uninstall them through settings. This is the same with clearing data or the cache.

When I try to uninstall through 'settings', the blue progress bar pops up, but it just continues to scroll. The only way to get out of it is to hit the 'home' button and retry (to no avail).

I have factory restored it and it still has the same problem. I just don't understand why it won't let me. I read in another forum that it was a data connectivity problem (which I highly doubt. My 4G works flawlessly in Pittsburgh, and I am always connected to either my work or my homes WiFi - and I can't uninstall on ANY connection). Also someone noted taking out the SD card since the GNex had a glitch when reading it (errr......stay off the drugs....I'm pretty sure we can all see the flaw in that reasoning!)

Thanks for any advice guys!! Hope you had a great 4th!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair