Overcharged: Good App So You don't overcharge your battery!

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I just find this pretty good app that monitors when you are charging your phone, and lets you know you your phone is fully charged. It give a choice of sound, vibration or voice or all to let you know that your Android device is at 100% charged. For me, I always seem to overcharge the phone and that is why after I unplug my phone it drops pretty quick. I just started using Overcharged, and so far so good. I let me know right when it was charged. And now my battery has not drop down so fast. At least for a couple of days. Try it out. Did I tell, IT IS FREE.

Don't take my word on it, try it for yourself. If you don't like it, you can uninstall it.

The name of the program is OVERCHARGED. You can find it in the Android Marketplace.

Here is a link to Appbrain's page on the program.

Overcharged - Android app on AppBrain

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
was always my understanding the chargers are a peak type charger that senses a voltage drop and stops charging the battery. Idk

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Your correct, now a days there's no such thing as over charging your device since the charger itself is built into the device. All the cord does is supply the correct voltage and current to the charging circuit. Once the device is fully charged the circuit drops to a very low trickle charge to keep the battery fully charged.

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
While you are right about it stops charging, the phone starts using the battery when the charge is done. At least that is what is happening to my EVO. This program lets me know when the charge is done
I have seen first hand how if I leave it on too long that I am losing the charge. So it might not overcharge, but the phone will start using the battery.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
But it will start using the battery if you unplug it, too, so it doesn't seem to make any difference. Unless you turn it off when the charge is done, I guess, but I never turn mine off.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey