Need recommendations for Android alternative to iPhone apps

SalilSundresh

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I've been on iOS since its release and I've gotten pretty fed up with the lack of interchangeable batteries, screen size, connectivity options, etc. So I'm trying to switch over to Android, there are a few apps which I haven't found a good alternative to. I use these apps on a daily basis so it's hard to really switch over until I find solutions. Here goes:

Daily Tracker
Omnifocus (deep folder hierarchy & reliable syncing is essential)
Notemaster
Stream to me / Serve to me
Audiotap

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thank you!

ezsurfer

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Since most Android users, especially power users, are pure Android based, many have never seen your apps you mention.

So I would recommend you give a brief synopsis of what you want an app to do on your first post.

Also, often you can search the Android Market for the iOS name, often it will have the application name embedded in the description so that users can determine similiar programs.
this resulted in some potentials:
Daily tracker - Time Tracker -Highly rated by IT professionals that do per hour billing
Omnifocus - X-Plore Kies Air does a great job of web based sync for me FREEWARE
Notemaster - Colornote FREEWARE or Noted! Notes to your inbox seems interesting
Stream to me Serve to Me - Taskbomb and Stream Me If You Can FREEWARE
Audiotap - Smart Audiobook Player - FREEWARE

Lastly, speaking from over 2 years of Android, I have yet to find an need where I have not found an application. Some are too cheesy, but if you search at all, it is fairly simple to find low cost or reasonable alternatives to every application I have needed.

ezsurfer

Reactions: kkapoorr