Gmail not syncing properly from phone to web

trishakiefer

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
OK. I've been searching for an answer to this all day. My Gmail app is not syncing properly with Gmail on the web on my PC. It was working fine until this morning. I have to manually refresh the app to get my mail - SOMETIMES - and I have to refresh the page on the PC to sync it with what's on the app - SOMETIMES. Sometimes it works together, sometimes it doesn't. Mostly, if I read or delete an email on the phone, it doesn't tell the web version that I have done that, so it just stays up there.

So far, after reading the many fixes people have discussed about this, I have: cleared the caches several times; cleared the data from the Gmail app several times and reloaded it; restarted the phone many times; pulled the battery a couple of times; pulled up the power widget and made sure the sync thing was activated; checked to make sure "background data" was ticked; uninstalled Gmail app updates and reinstalled them; and offered to sacrifice my firstborn to the Google gods. Nothing has worked so far. Can anyone offer any other solution, short of a factory reset?? I really don't want to go through that, but if it's the only choice I will, if someone can tell me how to recover all the apps I have now quickly and easily. Maybe the App gods will want my secondborn? That's OK, but after that I'm out of kids and will have to start abducting neighbor children, so any other options are welcome. Thanks in advance!

Trisha K.
New York.

Motorola Droid 2 Global
Android version 2.3.4 - it says I'm up to date and no updates are available.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
this happened to me on my old EVO after upgrading to the latest OS version (Froyo--->Gingerbread). the fix was to do a hard reset back to factory fresh state and then do a MANUAL sync and reinstall of all data and applications one by one. (backup your data first just in case BUT do not use a backup app to "Restore" it.) you want to start everything fresh.

use this free App to keep a list with links of all of your Apps so that you can quickly restore them manually -

ShareMyApps
by Matt Lawrence

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...com.mattlary.shareMyApps&hl=en&token=fUXWpXwt

good luck!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692