Lookout security program

boos1906

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys last night I downloaded the lookout security program. I was just into verizon and the lady said delete that immediately those programs screw your phone up. Is this true? This lady was worthless when it came to the droid. Isnt it a good idea to have some kind of program on your phone? Just wanted your guys opinions.

PainKiller

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't know about that but I used Lookout for months on my Eris and my Droid and I liked it. It just ate a bit too much battery acid for me right now. Always thought it was a bargain freeware app.

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I would ignore her. The app has good reviews from the market and from what I have read it does what it claims to do. She's prob used to messing w/ WinMobo devices. You look at them wrong and they crash.

boos1906

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I dont know. I noticed she still had a blackberry. She was very unhelpful. I asked her a couple questions and she gave me this site and said ask your questions there. What a idiot. Anyways so if this program finds a virus or some thing does it automatically delete it or is there some thing I have to do? Thanks for the help guys.

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Personally I have yet to see or hear of a virus on an Android device so I can't help ya on that one.

superflush

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
I've been using it for a few months now.
I like how it uploads my photos for backup each night and I can locate my phone if I ever lost/misplaced it.
That being said, I don't know if it causes stability problems or anything compared with not having it. I've been having reboot problems, but I have no idea if Lookout could be the cause of it.

AJFSTORM

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I've been using it for about a month on my Inc and it's been great. It's one of those apps that isn't much fun but you're damn glad you have it if your phone goes nuts or gets lost. If there were any major problems with it, I'm sure you'd start hearing about it on the forums.

The only issue could be battery usage since it's always running but I haven't really noticed anything huge. I'm amazed it's free for all that it does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance