Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Please dont be angry but I have 2 app requests.

Hello I didnt really see anywhere to post this so I made my own thread. Anyway I was wondering if anyone had any plans to make a Ghostbusters:TVG pke meter app like the one on the iPhone. Also, if anyone was willing to make the motion tracker from Aliens, in landscape mode for that one. My buddy manage to put the pke one one my Pre but Evo is where Im at now so hoping someone can help with these. Let me know and thanks in advance!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

74 people have looked at this thread please someone respond. Just saying. I can't be the only sci-fi head on this site hell we living the sci-fi dream with these phones! Love my EVO!

Solodarkprince: The problem with the apps that you are requesting is that they lack usefulness. A Ghostbusters:TVG pke meter app would have a limited audience. Those in the ghost removal business already have highly specialized equipment to detect and remove ghosts. Such equipment has expensive sensors which are unavailable on phone handsets. Thus, such a meter would not be very useful.

As for the motion tracker from Aliens, I would imagine there are would be community of amateur alien trackers who might want to be able to track aliens from their phones, at least for personal safety. Such a phone app would offer this kind of convenience. I wonder whether most Android handsets have the array of sensors to motion track aliens. This is beyond my expertise. I know that I would appreciate the safety of having an alien motion tracker on me at all times. Please let me know if you can find anyone to fulfill this request.
    KingGrimlock likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Lol its not like they would really be able to track anything but the 2 of them would look real cool on the phone. Heck after going through the entire app catalog since I got this phone last week there are quite a few ' why do I need this ' type of apps! I'm sure you know what the movie Aliens tracker screen looked like imagine messing with people or showing off by punching that up on you phone for them to Ohh an ahh at.

iPhone = SyFy Channel

Android = Discovery Channel

You do realize, of course, that those iPhone apps don't really DO what they claim to do.

Global Posts
    284 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    You do realize, of course, that those iPhone apps don't really DO what they claim to do.
    Yes they do!!! You are dumb. The iPhone can do anything... well except have decent reception, and run flash, and be customized... oh wait, NEVERMIND, comments redacted.

Global Posts
    1,313 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    You do realize, of course, that you have no idea what you're talking about. I have an iPod Touch and even though I haven't loaded those apps, I have yet to be attacked by ghosts or aliens. It's like they KNOW... "uh oh. Can't attack this guy. He may pull up the App Store..."

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts

I vote mikeracn the reply of the month.

I that points out iPhone users! So I can brand them lol

I am sure an Aliens-esque tracker that linked into Latitude/foursquare/gowalla would be EPIC
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Exactly. And for all the other GBfans who leave iPhone to join us will be grateful for the pke app being ported. There is a video of it on YouTube. They are just some cool gimmicks to make people ooh and ahh. Hell I downloaded that zombie app that works with the Google maps my cousin whom also got the Evo and I goof off with that one all the time. It's just fun stuff to have. I wish I could find the guy that managed to put the pke on my pre but he went to California so no help there.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Or in the case of the pke meter, those who have played the game know the color scheme of it so it could work like this: blue color could be used to detect Bluetooth signals and depending on how close they are it would raise or lower, could be fun while camping or something using that to find friends with Bluetooth enabled phones and what not. Red could detect WiFi signal strength which will prob spike when by a Starbucks lol. And the green could be used to find a in phone set location similar to all those where is my car type apps in which phone saves location you parked and you follow map back bit in this case you follow meter reading. Just a thought guys could be fun.