Password app?

PraetorianGuard

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Hey,

I am looking to get a password saver app, sorta like 1password but not being 1password since i think their service is too expensive. Is there another choice that is cheaper, but still maintains the option to use it for both windows and my android phone, so that I can keep my passwords synched?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
i use a password protected MS Word File with Strong Encryption and Documents To Go. the beauty is you can open this file on any device in the world with MS Word or Docs To Go. Docs To Go supports Office 2007+ Super Strong 128 Bit Encryption/Password.

i like the free-flow format and the open standard of an MS Word File. i don't like relying on some mom and pop locked black box proprietary closed format. and MS Word and Docs To Go is free if you already have it.

i then use Dropbox and simply dump this Word file in my Dropbox so it is available to me from any device anywhere in the world and it is always updated and in sync.

jenskristian

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Safe In Cloud is available for Android and under development for Windows.
Dashlane is available for Android, Mac, iOS and a beta is available for Android.

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
KeePass is what I use. It is free, and has an Android and PC version (need the 1.x version). I have the database file saved to my DropBox, so the same file is on my phone, tablet, and PC.

cannrn

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: Password app? Using Dashlane

I downloaded "dashlane" which was highly recommended by this forum site. I am 1/2 way through my free trial, 15 days to go. I don't mind paying 20.00/yr to get the premium version, but have a few questions for those who use it. Password management, I understand. I also have several hundred memos on my Palm desktop that I would like to transfer to dashlane, preferable in a bulk transfer and then secure memos with passwords plus memos. ie. electric bill, has web password, phone and account info as well as dates paid online dating back 8 yrs. can they be transferred in a bulk group too? (I think that the secure stuff is on "splash ID which is integrated into the Palm desktop. Goal: get all the stuff onto dashlane and synch to samsung galaxy tablet and pc. Thanks for any and all help.
cannrn

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: Password app? Using Dashlane

I downloaded "dashlane" which was highly recommended by this forum site. I am 1/2 way through my free trial, 15 days to go. I don't mind paying 20.00/yr to get the premium version, but have a few questions for those who use it. Password management, I understand. I also have several hundred memos on my Palm desktop that I would like to transfer to dashlane, preferable in a bulk transfer and then secure memos with passwords plus memos. ie. electric bill, has web password, phone and account info as well as dates paid online dating back 8 yrs. can they be transferred in a bulk group too? (I think that the secure stuff is on "splash ID which is integrated into the Palm desktop. Goal: get all the stuff onto dashlane and synch to samsung galaxy tablet and pc. Thanks for any and all help.
cannrn

trapped in a mom and pop locked black box proprietary closed format.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac