Google Voice on Google Nexus 7? Other Android Google Voice Apps?

markw10

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I read on the internet earlier that it seems that Google Voice won't work on the Nexus 7 app for making phone calls. I see the app is available for the Nexus 7 and I downloaded it and logged into my account but I don't have access to a dialer to make calls. Is this unique to the Nexus 7 or to all Android devices? I have the Google Voice app on my iPad and can simply pull up a dialer to make a phone call.

Assuming I can't make phone calls with the official Google Voice app am I able to make Google Voice calls with a 3rd party Google Voice app? What are some 3rd party Google Voice apps that I should look at? I have thought of looking at Talkatone but I would only use the Google Voice part of it and it seems more complex than what I'd like to use. I like the simplicity of Google Voice.
Thanks for your help.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: Google Voice on Google Nexus 7? Other Android Google Voice A

Have you tried downloading a dialer app? There must be some out there. Not sure that they'll work on your 7, but, just a thought.

Also, the 7 might not have the hardware to make phone calls. Maybe you'll need to use something like Skype.