google voice widget??

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
There is not google voice widget but within the app you can choose the option to where it asks you every time whether or not you want to use your phone number or google voice number.

rooktdphi

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
if you long press and select shortcuts, there is a google voice toggle that lets you choose for all calls, ask every call, for int'l calls only, or for no calls

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I am looking for a way to automatically use GV to call a number or not depending on the contact. I want to use normal calling for friends but GV for numbers not in that list etc....

frunkiss

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
There's an app called Google Voice Dialer that allows you to set your outgoing calls to use Google Voice by default for no calls, all calls, or ask everytime. It also has a Contacts Filter to allow certain numbers in your contacts to dial using Google Voice or not to automatically.

Google Voice Dialer
chart

rjbphotos

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I have the Google voice app and had it set to ask me every time I make a call as I don't want all calls going through Google voice I only use it for business that I do not want to have me cell number but I had to disable that and tell it to never use Google voice because when I am in my car I use the built in blue tooth to make a call and the dialer would hang waiting for me to tell it what number to use for the call making it imposable to use the blue tooth in my car without pulling out my phone. not good at all.

There needs to be a better way to use Google voice for one call when I need to do so.

dekcufi

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I have the Google voice app and had it set to ask me every time I make a call as I don't want all calls going through Google voice I only use it for business that I do not want to have me cell number but I had to disable that and tell it to never use Google voice because when I am in my car I use the built in blue tooth to make a call and the dialer would hang waiting for me to tell it what number to use for the call making it imposable to use the blue tooth in my car without pulling out my phone. not good at all.

There needs to be a better way to use Google voice for one call when I need to do so.

i agree

ISO app to manage Google Voice via a toggle to turn on or off or an app that you can list with contacs

Steve66

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I am looking for a way to automatically use GV to call a number or not depending on the contact.

Exactly! I'd love to set the default action to be to call without GV, but then tag specific contacts so they are automatically called with GV. I'm getting tired of answering this dialog box every time...it should remember my choice for that contact.
c0622cb6ca.jpg

scoobyxj

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have never been able to get the GV app to work. It always fails on the # verification. Any tricks on getting it to work. I am after the same results Contact = my personal #, just dial a # = GV #.

mr.seth.price

May 18, 2010
Visit site
@ scooby.

It will fail because the number they use for forwarding will change from time to time and sometimes even based on the area your calling from. No idea why. I found this out when I worked for Verizon and was trying to get it to work well on my employee line that had no circle #'s. Kept going over minutes cause they kept changing the number they forwarded through. I think for the time being it's all or nothing with google voice.