Dropbox app...doesn't download files until you ask it to?

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
How does the syncing work in the dropbox android app? Does it download automatically, or only download when you ask it to? Can you exclude certain folders from being downloaded?

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
From my experience, anything you put in folders on your computer will show up on your phone. When I select a pic it will download then, I don't think it actually downloads until you select it. Don't know if that helps or not. It makes sense in my head :p

I use mine for pics only btw.

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
From my experience, anything you put in folders on your computer will show up on your phone. When I select a pic it will download then, I don't think it actually downloads until you select it. Don't know if that helps or not. It makes sense in my head :p

I use mine for pics only btw.

Thanks. The reason I ask is because every week I use DB to transfer 2GB worth of video files between 2 computers. I would not want my phone to download 2GB worth of files every week. If it is just an app that shows you the files and you can download them as needed, this would be fine.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Thanks. The reason I ask is because every week I use DB to transfer 2GB worth of video files between 2 computers. I would not want my phone to download 2GB worth of files every week. If it is just an app that shows you the files and you can download them as needed, this would be fine.

Assuming it works the same as with pics, nothing will download until you select it so you should be good.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1