Facebook app not using WiFi on photo upload?

fatheroffive1963

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Just got a chance to use the updated Facebook app to upload photos from my wife's Infuse 4G, and noticed something. Even though the phone was connected through my home WiFi network, it appears to have been using the HSDPA+ data channel to upload the photos.

I had always thought that if a WiFi connection was available, the phone would automatically take advantage of it.

Any thoughts?

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Just got a chance to use the updated Facebook app to upload photos from my wife's Infuse 4G, and noticed something. Even though the phone was connected through my home WiFi network, it appears to have been using the HSDPA+ data channel to upload the photos.

I had always thought that if a WiFi connection was available, the phone would automatically take advantage of it.

Any thoughts?

This is not trying to be smart in any way, so don't take it the wrong way. That facebook app is total garbage, and gets worse and worse with every update. There is an app on the market called friendcaster. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...rch?q=friendcaster+for+android&token=l1UTOwnb It does everything that the facebook app is supposed to do and never does. Get that and get rid of facebook, seriously lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad