Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 14151617
Like Tree80Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #401  

Default Re: Music Player (Remix)

Version 1.5.4 was released to fix a crashing bug introduced in 1.5.3 that manifested when the "basic lockscreen controls" option is enabled.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #402  

I've finally got a chance to test out the Android Wear emulator (going to be grabbing a Moto 360 when it gets released "later this summer"). I've got great news...Music Player (Remix) is compatible with Android Wear!

If you enable the "basic lockscreen controls" option in the app's preferences, the app will display music controls on the Android Wear device when music is playing. The first card displays album art and track info. Tap it to pause/play. You can swipe right to get "Next" and "Previous" controls.

Here's a screenshot of the controls on the Android Wear emulator:

Music Player (Remix)-remix_android_wear.png

I'm going to be releasing an update to the app to enable the "basic lock screen controls" option by default (which will be renamed "basic lock screen & Android Wear controls"). Also in the update you'll be able to enable the mini-player lock screen controls even when the "basic lock screen & Android Wear controls" option is enabled.
    DarienA likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #403  

Version 1.5.5 has been released and should be available to download soon.

Here's the changelog:

- (Enhancement) Enable the 'basic lock screen controls' preference by default since this will also enable controls on Android Wear devices (it can be disabled in Preferences if desired). And you can now enable this option along with mini-player lockscreen controls.

- (Enhancement) On the 'Mini-player' Preferences screen, add the ability to adjust the position, width, and height of the mini-player detection area at the bottom of the screen.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #404  

Version 1.5.6 has been released and should be available to download soon.

Here's the changelog:

- (Enhancement) Renamed the 'Lock screen & Wearables' preference screen to 'Lock screen & Remote control'. The previous 'Enable basic lock screen' option has been renamed to 'Enable remote control' since this option really enables all remote control interfaces including the lock screen as well as Bluetooth and Android Wear devices.

- (Bug Fix) Artist name was not being displayed on some bluetooth devices.

- (Bug Fix) App would crash on certain devices after updating album art. Hopefully this is fixed, but not 100% sure since I can't recreate the issue on my devices.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #405  

I've been playing with an app called "Commandr for Google Now" that allows you to issue voice commands via Google Now. It has the ability to integrate with Tasker so you can basically assign a voice command to any Tasker task.

For those of you who don't know, Music Player (Remix) can perform the following commands via Tasker: pause, toggle pause/play, next song, previous song.

To perform these tasks in Tasker, create a new task and go to "System", then choose "Send Intent". In the "Action" field type in one of the following commands:

com.hedami.musicplayerremix.musicservicecommand.pause
    com.hedami.musicplayerremix.musicservicecommand.togglepause
    com.hedami.musicplayerremix.musicservicecommand.next
    com.hedami.musicplayerremix.musicservicecommand.previous

If you're running the trial version, the commands are as follows:

com.hedami.mprtrial.musicservicecommand.pause
    com.hedami.mprtrial.musicservicecommand.togglepause
    com.hedami.mprtrial.musicservicecommand.next
    com.hedami.mprtrial.musicservicecommand.previous

So now with Commandr and Tasker I'm able to control my music via voice which is especially nice while driving. On my steering wheel, I have "next" and "previous" buttons, so it's pretty easy to change tracks when streaming via bluetooth But there's no easy way in my car to toggle pause/play without switching screens on the touchscreen, so having a voice function is really nice.

Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid JB, CM9 Alpha2

Hi Dan, finally got to try MPR with ChromeCast, works pretty well. I was wondering if there is a way to keep it streaming when the screen shuts off? Thanks
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
    CM-REMIX 4.4.2 VZW Galaxy Nexus - CM11 HP TouchPad
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #407  

Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    Hi Dan, finally got to try MPR with ChromeCast, works pretty well. I was wondering if there is a way to keep it streaming when the screen shuts off? Thanks
    It should play even with the screen off. I just tried it and it worked for me.

Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid JB, CM9 Alpha2

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    It should play even with the screen off. I just tried it and it worked for me.
    It plays the song that was playing but does not continue to play. When not casting to ChromeCast it will pretty much play all day to my bluetooth headset with the screen off. Any logs I can get let me know.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
    CM-REMIX 4.4.2 VZW Galaxy Nexus - CM11 HP TouchPad
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #409  

Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    It plays the song that was playing but does not continue to play. When not casting to ChromeCast it will pretty much play all day to my bluetooth headset with the screen off. Any logs I can get let me know.
    I can't re-create this issue. I've played several songs in a row with the screen off and they're playing just fine.

If you'd like, you can email me a log recorded while you're attempting to play 2 songs back-to-back while the screen is off. Just let me know what exactly you did during the time of the log.

One thing you can try is to reboot your Chromecast (unplug it from power and plug it back in). I know I sometimes have issues with audio not working when casting my screen. Rebooting my Chromecast fixes it.
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 14151617