Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree81Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #76  

Default Re: Music Player (Remix)

Quote Originally Posted by lairdchris View Post
    And another great idea of yours.
    You're making us all kind of nervous ;-)

Where is the "Like very much" button?
    Well you can always click the "Like" button on YouTube or on here...close enough.

And of course I'd be appreciative of anyone excited about this project to spread the word (tell your friends, share on Twitter/Facebook/G+, etc.). I think I'm creating a user experience that other music apps cannot come close to. So I want people to hear about it, especially once it's released.
    Thanked by:
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #77  

Here's a demo video for the Lyrics & Karaoke feature I just finished up:

Music Player (Remix) allows you to download lyrics for the currently playing song, or any song you browse within the app. And the app will automatically embed the downloaded lyrics within the music file itself so the next time you load up the song, the lyrics will be displayed immediately.

Think the font size on the lyrics screen is too small or too large? No problem...just pinch & zoom to select your desired font size. The app will remember your setting the next time you view lyrics.

Now that you have the lyrics for the song in front of you, why not have some karaoke fun? Tap the record button and the app will start playing the song and record you while you sing along. Tap the karaoke list button at the bottom of the lyrics screen to listen to your previous recordings for the current song. Or go to the Karaokes screen and view all the songs that have recordings. And of course you can delete your recordings directly from within the app.

I only have one more major feature to implement (album art downloading) before I release the first beta. So we're finally getting close to the finish line after 2 1/2 months of development. Beta announcements will be made on the app's Twitter channel (@MusicRemixApp), so be sure to stay tuned there.
    xlDeMoNiClx and Blaize19 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Here's a demo video for the Lyrics & Karaoke feature I just finished up:

Music Player (Remix) allows you to download lyrics for the currently playing song, or any song you browse within the app. And the app will automatically embed the downloaded lyrics within the music file itself so the next time you load up the song, the lyrics will be displayed immediately.

Think the font size on the lyrics screen is too small or too large? No problem...just pinch & zoom to select your desired font size. The app will remember your setting the next time you view lyrics.

Now that you have the lyrics for the song in front of you, why not have some karaoke fun? Tap the record button and the app will start playing the song and record you while you sing along. Tap the karaoke list button at the bottom of the lyrics screen to listen to your previous recordings for the current song. Or go to the Karaokes screen and view all the songs that have recordings. And of course you can delete your recordings directly from within the app.

I only have one more major feature to implement (album art downloading) before I release the first beta. So we're finally getting close to the finish line after 2 1/2 months of development. Beta announcements will be made on the app's Twitter channel (@MusicRemixApp), so be sure to stay tuned there.
    Sweet, can't wait.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.
    Thanked by:
    DanPLC 
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #79  

I just finished up the last major feature I'll be adding to the app prior to the beta which is album art downloading. Other music apps have implemented album art downloading, but Music Player (Remix) does things a bit differently:

- You can search for album art for a song or album on any of the app's screens (now playing screen, all songs list, artist albums, artist songs, genre songs, etc.).
    - Downloaded album art is not stored in an app-specific cache directory. The album art is embedded within the actual music files. So no matter where you open or copy those files, the album art will be available there.
    - Search results are going to be very accurate. There's a high probability that no matter what album you search for, it'll find several relevant album art selections. The user is able to scroll through the selections (displayed with large thumbnails and image dimensions) and choose the one they like the best.

As I mentioned, now that I finished all the major features within the app, the beta will be coming soon. I just have a few more things I need to clean up. All beta announcements will occur on Twitter (@MusicRemixApp), so be sure to stay tuned there.

I just finished up the last major feature I'll be adding to the app prior to the beta which is album art downloading. Other music apps have implemented album art downloading, but Music Player (Remix) does things a bit differently:

- You can search for album art for a song or album on any of the app's screens (now playing screen, all songs list, artist albums, artist songs, genre songs, etc.).
    - Downloaded album art is not stored in an app-specific cache directory. The album art is embedded within the actual music files. So no matter where you open or copy those files, the album art will be available there.
    - Search results are going to be very accurate. There's a high probability that no matter what album you search for, it'll find several relevant album art selections. The user is able to scroll through the selections (displayed with large thumbnails and image dimensions) and choose the one they like the best.

As I mentioned, now that I finished all the major features within the app, the beta will be coming soon. I just have a few more things I need to clean up. All beta announcements will occur on Twitter (@MusicRemixApp), so be sure to stay tuned there.
    Ugh this sucks for those of us that hate Twitter. :P

I hate Twitter too. Joined a little before it came out. Cancelled after about a year. Don't really want to start a membership just for one app. Even this one.

Is there no other way too find out about this app?

Sent from my GT-I9300
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #82  

Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    Ugh this sucks for those of us that hate Twitter. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by sfrrr View Post
    I hate Twitter too. Joined a little before it came out. Cancelled after about a year. Don't really want to start a membership just for one app. Even this one.

Is there no other way too find out about this app?
    Let me clarify... My initial beta announcement (and offer for inclusion in the beta) will be made on Twitter prior to me announcing it in other places (like this forum). I want to reward the folks that have made a conscious effort to follow the app and Twitter just happens to be the social network that I've been using.

But I will be posting all beta and Play Store release news here as well. I'm not sure how large I will make the beta release, so I won't necessarily say that only Twitter followers will be included. They'll just be invited first. I'm going to need folks with a wide array of devices and Android versions to test.
    xlDeMoNiClx likes this.

Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock, for now

I can't wait until this is ready.
    Thanked by 2:

Let me clarify... My initial beta announcement (and offer for inclusion in the beta) will be made on Twitter prior to me announcing it in other places (like this forum). I want to reward the folks that have made a conscious effort to follow the app and Twitter just happens to be the social network that I've been using.

But I will be posting all beta and Play Store release news here as well. I'm not sure how large I will make the beta release, so I won't necessarily say that only Twitter followers will be included. They'll just be invited first. I'm going to need folks with a wide array of devices and Android versions to test.
    Ah alright. Just hurry (no rush though), I'm getting excited to try this out.

Hi Dan,

I hope I didn't miss this answer somewhere in this thread. Will there be a way to search directly from the main phone screen or the main android search bar?

I loved the ability to do this with Remix. My main usage would be to randomly pick a track, then search for other songs and queue them up as I got inspired.

Either way, I'm really psyched!

Nb
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #86  

Quote Originally Posted by Biggnaa20 View Post
    Hi Dan,

I hope I didn't miss this answer somewhere in this thread. Will there be a way to search directly from the main phone screen or the main android search bar?

I loved the ability to do this with Remix. My main usage would be to randomly pick a track, then search for other songs and queue them up as I got inspired.

Either way, I'm really psyched!

Nb
    Yes, you can search directly from Google search for songs, albums, and artists. Tapping on a song will play the song. Tapping on an album or artist will bring you to that screen.

On the album screen you have a list of songs in the album. Tap the ellipsis (...) next to a song to get a full array of options including "queue song". You can also swipe the list of songs to reveal a wiki page of the album.

On the artist screen you have a list of songs for the artist. Swipe to the left to get the list of albums. Swipe again to get the artist's wiki page. And just like every other screen in the app, you can tap the ellipsis (...) next to an item to get a bunch of options to act on that item. For instance, for songs you get the following options:

- Queue song
    - Add to playlist
    - Add to faves
    - Lyrics & Karaoke
    - View album (not available if you're already browsing the album)
    - View artist (not available if you're already browsing the artist)
    - View bookmarks
    - Download album art
    - Find song on YouTube
    - Find remixes on YouTube
    - Find artist on YouTube
    - View/Edit music tags (I haven't implemented this one yet)
    - Delete file
    Thanked by:
    Biggnaa20 likes this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #87  

The first beta has been released! I've sent invites to all the twitter followers of @MusicRemixApp.

It's a big day for me. I've worked 3 months on this app and it's finally ready for public consumption. Hopefully if beta testing goes well, the Play Store release will soon follow!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock, for now

Great job. Can't wait to give it a try.

From my phone with Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    DanPLC 

Awesome!! Can't wait to use it

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    DanPLC 

Global Posts
    565 Global Posts

Can't wait to see this on my Gnex. I am user of Music Player (Remix) since early webOS homebrew days. It's still going strong on my TouchPad (had to retire my Pre a few months ago).
    Thanked by:
    DanPLC 
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #91  

Hopefully the beta testing won't take too long and the app will be released in the Play Store soon. The app is pretty much release-ready based on the testing on my device. The beta testing's main purpose is to try it out on different devices and find any remaining bugs that I didn't find.

Global Posts
    6,907 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

Looking good so far. I haven't tried it yet, but what about gapless playback? Does that function work?
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #93  

Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Looking good so far. I haven't tried it yet, but what about gapless playback? Does that function work?
    I've implemented the Jellybean API for switching tracks seamlessly (gapless). So it should work on Jellybean theoretically. If you have a JB device, let me know if it does.

Hopefully the beta testing won't take too long and the app will be released in the Play Store soon. The app is pretty much release-ready based on the testing on my device. The beta testing's main purpose is to try it out on different devices and find any remaining bugs that I didn't find.
    Just posted a problem for you.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #95  

Quote Originally Posted by trinamorgan88 View Post
    Just posted a problem for you.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
    Yep, I responded!

Global Posts
    6,907 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

Still on ICS here. I'm in no big hurry for JB, to be honest, and I really haven't felt any compulsion to root for it either.

- - - Updated - - -

Still on ICS here. I'm in no big hurry for JB, to be honest, and I really haven't felt any compulsion to root for it either.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel

Very happy to see you working on an Android version of Music Player Remix! I've been using Android for the last year and a half since my Pre died, and although some of the music apps are pretty good, I really missed some of the really cool and innovative features that are (were) in the WebOS version of your app. The Android version looks even more impressive with some new really cool usability features (e.g. multi add). Keep up the good work, looking forward to trying it out! Good Stuff!
    Thanked by:
    DanPLC 
    Caped Codder likes this.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #98  

Quote Originally Posted by fnair View Post
    Very happy to see you working on an Android version of Music Player Remix! I've been using Android for the last year and a half since my Pre died, and although some of the music apps are pretty good, I really missed some of the really cool and innovative features that are (were) in the WebOS version of your app. The Android version looks even more impressive with some new really cool usability features (e.g. multi add). Keep up the good work, looking forward to trying it out! Good Stuff!
    Thanks a lot. I began the project using the webOS version as the foundation, but I had a lot of ideas on how to improve upon it. The Android version definitely takes it to the next level.

Beta testing is going well. The testers are helping me iron out some of the kinks. I'm looking forward to releasing it the wide public in the Play Store.
    Thanked by:
    fnair 
    xlDeMoNiClx likes this.

Thanks a lot. I began the project using the webOS version as the foundation, but I had a lot of ideas on how to improve upon it. The Android version definitely takes it to the next level.

Beta testing is going well. The testers are helping me iron out some of the kinks. I'm looking forward to releasing it the wide public in the Play Store.
    So are we. How long will the beta be? Might make a twitter just to get this app and help test it.

25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #100  

Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    So are we. How long will the beta be? Might make a twitter just to get this app and help test it.

Beta invitations are currently only open to folks who were following me at the time of the beta announcement.

The beta will last as long as necessary to iron out all the issues. Also have a few more things I need to do. But hopefully it won't be too long.
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast