Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree81Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #151  

Default Re: Music Player (Remix) - Public beta is now open!

Quote Originally Posted by jasmine5904 View Post
    This is the one app I've missed since leaving WebOS! So excited to try it out!
    Try it out and let me know how you like it!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #152  

Version 0.9.10 has been released! Check out the changelog below:

- (New Feature) Add lock screen controls (Android 4.0 or later required). There are 2 options available. The first one adds simple music controls which are standard on ICS+ devices. Album art is displayed along with the song and artist. Pause/Play, Previous, and Next controls are available. However depending upon the device manufacturer/skin, this type of lock screen controls may not be available. The second type are available on all ICS+ devices. This option allows you to display the mini-player on the lock screen. All of the rich controls available in the regular mini-player are available here. Configuration options are available on the Preferences screen.

- (New Feature) Add Preferences screen (accessible by opening right-side menu and tapping the gear icon). Currently only Lock screen configuration options are avaiable. More to come in the next beta release.

- (Enhancement) Mini-player should be a bit easier to bring up especially on devices with high dpi resolution. (NOTE: Still need to add configuration options...that will come in a future beta update).

- (Enhancement) Mini-player will no longer take up the full width of the screen on tablets.

- (Enhancement) Now able to display mini-player while in landscape mode on tablets.

- (Enhancement) When switching songs or queuing a song to play next, the Now Playing list will auto-scroll to the current song's position.

- (Bug Fix) If you tapped the album art on a widget, it would load a duplicate copy of the Now Playing screen in memory.

- (Bug Fix) If you update album art on one screen then leave that screen while the album art is updating, the app could crash once the update is complete.

- (Bug Fix) 4x2 widget may not have appeared properly on Jellybean devices.

- (Bug Fix) Embedded lyrics were sometimes being displayed without line breaks.

- (Bug Fix) Downloaded lyrics which were embedded in the music files may not have displayed properly in other apps that read embedded lyrics.

- (Bug Fix) Scrolling the various lists in the menus (left, right, and bottom menus) resulted in visual glitches on some Jellybean devices (possibly Android 4.2 only). (NOTE: I can't reproduce the issue on the Jellybean emulator, so danimal62 please let me know if you're still experiencing this after updating).

- (Bug Fix) Mini-player was too small on higher-res phones (720p and above).
    Thanked by 2:
    FDOIII and xlDeMoNiClx like this.

Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid JB, CM9 Alpha2

Hi Dan,

The scrolling text is still cut off on the bottom of the 4x1 Mini-Player in 0.9.10 on my 4.1.2 Galaxy Nexus.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
    CM-REMIX 4.4.2 VZW Galaxy Nexus - CM11 HP TouchPad
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #154  

Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    Hi Dan,

The scrolling text is still cut off on the bottom of the 4x1 Mini-Player in 0.9.10 on my 4.1.2 Galaxy Nexus.
    That's going to be the case when using 3rd party launchers with tight grids like 6x4. Just not enough vertical space for the widget as it's designed. I suggest using 4x2 widget on those type of home screen grids.

Now a regular 4x4 home screen should display it properly.

Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid JB, CM9 Alpha2

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    That's going to be the case when using 3rd party launchers with tight grids like 6x4. Just not enough vertical space for the widget as it's designed. I suggest using 4x2 widget on those type of home screen grids.

Now a regular 4x4 home screen should display it properly.
    I have no problem with that, however you may want to note this behavior in your documentation/FAQs, as I believe there are a great many users using 3rd party launchers.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
    CM-REMIX 4.4.2 VZW Galaxy Nexus - CM11 HP TouchPad
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #156  

Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    I have no problem with that, however you may want to note this behavior in your documentation/FAQs, as I believe there are a great many users using 3rd party launchers.
    To clarify, the widget will work in 3rd party launchers, but may not display properly in extremely tight grid configurations (6 or 7 rows). I could make it display properly but the controls would be so small it would be unusable.

But I can mention it in the FAQ.
    Thanked by:
    noseph 

I'm really like the integration with the built in music controls on the lock screen. I have noticed a glitch with it, though. The first song I play from an album will show the album art, but no other song after that will. If it's different albums, it will show the art. It just won't show the art if it's 2 or more songs in a row from the same album.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #158  

Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMark View Post
    I'm really like the integration with the built in music controls on the lock screen. I have noticed a glitch with it, though. The first song I play from an album will show the album art, but no other song after that will. If it's different albums, it will show the art. It just won't show the art if it's 2 or more songs in a row from the same album.
    I know what's causing it. It'll be fixed in the next beta release.
    Thanked by:

Sweet. Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

By the way, bringing up the mini player is way easier after the update.

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #161  

By the way, bringing up the mini player is way easier after the update.
    That's good to hear. I made the detection area a bit bigger, especially on higher density devices. And the next beta will add the ability to adjust the detection area size. That way people can find the best size that works for them.

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    That's good to hear. I made the detection area a bit bigger, especially on higher density devices. And the next beta will add the ability to adjust the detection area size. That way people can find the best size that works for them.
    Nice. I think that's going to be one of your killer features.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Hi Dan
    I still have the visual glitch.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #164  

Quote Originally Posted by danimal62 View Post
    Hi Dan
    I still have the visual glitch.
    Well that's bad news. The Android 4.2 emulator doesn't exhibit this behavior, so it's very difficult to troubleshoot this. Can you open up one of the sliding panels to see the issue, then email me your app log? Perhaps it can give some type of clue (doubtful...but it's something to try). To email me your app log, tap the "?" in the right panel and go to "Support" and tap on "Send App Log".

Global Posts
    977 Global Posts

Dan,

There were 2 primary apps on webOS that I have missed since having to replace my Pre a few months ago, one was Music Player (Remix) and the other was GoeStrings. Can't wait to get the player, though I have only had my GN2 for 5 days and have no idea yet how to side load. I'll figure it out.

I hope this means that GeoStrings is coming next?

Jeff
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s ->
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 -> Samsung Galaxy Note 4 & Ellipsis 7 Tablet
    Thanked by:
    DanPLC 
    StuntmanMark likes this.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #166  

Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    Dan,

There were 2 primary apps on webOS that I have missed since having to replace my Pre a few months ago, one was Music Player (Remix) and the other was GoeStrings. Can't wait to get the player, though I have only had my GN2 for 5 days and have no idea yet how to side load. I'll figure it out.

I hope this means that GeoStrings is coming next?

Jeff
    Sideloading apps in Android is very easy. Just go to Settings and under "Applications" should be an option to load from unknown sources. Once you enable this, you can click on the APK link in my original public beta forum post and the app will be installed.

Once you install it, you'll have to tell me how you like it. Personally I think it's better than the webOS version.

Not sure if I will do GeoStrings...although I do miss using it.

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

I love this app on my palm pre 2.

Upgraded to a Galaxy S 3 in the coming weeks and this will be one of the first things that I install!
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #168  

Quote Originally Posted by arasarn View Post
    I love this app on my palm pre 2.

Upgraded to a Galaxy S 3 in the coming weeks and this will be one of the first things that I install!
    Cool...let me know how you like it!
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #169  

Version 0.9.11 is now available! The APK link can be found in the original public beta post: http://forums.androidcentral.com/and...ml#post2399542

Here's the changelog:

- (New Feature) Add mini-player configuration options on the Preferences screen.

- (New Feature) Add an alternate 4x2 widget which can be added to the lock screen on Android 4.2+ devices.

- (Enhancement) Remove the mini-player from the lock screen if a phone call comes in.

- (Bug Fix) When switching tracks to a song within the same album, the album art displayed on the basic lock screen controls would disappear.

- (Bug Fix) On certain Android 4.2 devices, scrolling on the sliding panels would produce visual artifacts.
    Thanked by:
    niteNarmor likes this.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #170  

Version 0.9.12 is now available! The APK link can be found in the original public beta post: http://forums.androidcentral.com/and...ml#post2399542

Here's the changelog:

- (New Feature) Long-tap the pause/play tap area on the album art to display fine-tuned scrubbing controls (skipping backward and forward by 5, 30, or 60 seconds). Long-tap the pause/play area again to hide the fine-tuned controls. This works on any screen as well as on the mini-player. Also, the current fine-tuned controls display setting is saved as you move from screen to screen, so if you display them on one screen, they'll still be displayed on another (until you hide them).

- (Bug Fix) Fix some formatting issues on the Preferences screens, especially on Gingerbread devices.

The formating for the album art view when I'm scrolling is messed up. They all seem stretched. I meant to post this sooner, but I've had some Internet connection issues and I couldn't get pictures to post on the last forum.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Music Player (Remix)-uploadfromtaptalk1355467604545.jpg  

Btw.: Mini-Player is working fine now on my Galaxy S3.

Chris
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #173  

Quote Originally Posted by lairdchris View Post
    Btw.: Mini-Player is working fine now on my Galaxy S3.

Chris
    Good to hear!
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #174  

The formating for the album art view when I'm scrolling is messed up. They all seem stretched. I meant to post this sooner, but I've had some Internet connection issues and I couldn't get pictures to post on the last forum.

Yeah it looks that way on my 480x800 emulator. I'll get it fixed.

Default Re: Music Player (Remix)

Sir Hedami, how does a mere mortal like I, install an apk on my android phone or the touchpad. Any quick set of steps will be very helpful. Thanks
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast