Music Player (Remix)

danimal62

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Music Player (Remix) - Public beta is now open!

Something is going on with the album art... I did an animals song and I have it displaying on a bunch of the beach boys which I have not tried to do anything to.. The Otis choice is still on weezer. Otis is on Ted Nugent also which I find funny.. Sorry I know we are working out bugs.. Aerosmith has Otis and the animals and the song that had an aerosmith cover is still there. I didn't try to do anything to them either.

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Something is going on with the album art... I did an animals song and I have it displaying on a bunch of the beach boys which I have not tried to do anything to.. The Otis choice is still on weezer. Otis is on Ted Nugent also which I find funny.. Sorry I know we are working out bugs.. Aerosmith has Otis and the animals and the song that had an aerosmith cover is still there. I didn't try to do anything to them either.

Please try to list out specific steps on what you're doing (per my previous post). Saying "Aerosmith has Otis" could mean many different things. Is the Aerosmith song displaying the incorrect album art on the Now Playing screen? On the Songs screen? On the Albums screen? On all screens?

This is the first I've heard of any issue like this from any beta tester. I haven't seen any issues related to album art on my devices. So I need to understand exactly what you're doing and exactly what you're seeing on exactly which screens.

Can you load up a song, download album art for it, verify it's not displaying properly, then email me (hedami DOT support AT gmail DOT com) the music file so I can check it out? In your email please include a screenshot of that song displaying the incorrect album art.

danimal62

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

That's what I'm doing as you described. I let it download and display. Some songs with no album art remain untouched other ones have the covers... Of Otis or the animals.. Ok just put it in shuffle and watched when I went from song to song if the album is listed as music then this occurs...

danimal62

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Here you go. See the music after the song name that is what might be occurring with my songs... I'm sorry if its cause of me not labeling correctly..
Dan

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-12-08-22-31-17.png
    Screenshot_2012-12-08-22-31-17.png
    534.6 KB · Views: 14

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Mislabeled music files is a possible cause. The way the album art downloading works is it downloads the album art for the selected song and then embeds that album art within any songs within the album of that song. So if you have different artists being lumped together in one album, that may be the issue.

If you tap the "..." on the Now Playing screen (above the album art) and select "View Album", does it show multiple artists' songs in that album?

danimal62

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Yep it does. I have songs from way back when you didn't have that info. Ya know what I mean? I will check out the visuals when you release the next beta and let you know how it looks on the nexus 4 when you release .

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Yep it does. I have songs from way back when you didn't have that info. Ya know what I mean? I will check out the visuals when you release the next beta and let you know how it looks on the nexus 4 when you release .

Well that explains that mystery (with the album art)!

Yeah let me know about the visual glitches. Hopefully the update I made will fix it; however I can't be confident since my Android 4.2 emulator never did it to begin with. I really need to get a 4.2 device at some point.

danimal62

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

I'm sure I'm not the only one with a music collection like that so you can put a disclaimer in . As far as the visuals I know you will work it out. The only android app that comes close to yours in functionality is the Yamaha one for my receiver. It rocks..

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

I'm sure I'm not the only one with a music collection like that so you can put a disclaimer in . As far as the visuals I know you will work it out. The only android app that comes close to yours in functionality is the Yamaha one for my receiver. It rocks..

Yeah I'll definitely do something in regards to the album art issue. Probably will have an option to not auto-save the album art to all the songs on the same album.

Thanks I'm glad you like the app!

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Version 0.9.10 has been released! Check out the changelog below:

- (New Feature) Add lock screen controls (Android 4.0 or later required). There are 2 options available. The first one adds simple music controls which are standard on ICS+ devices. Album art is displayed along with the song and artist. Pause/Play, Previous, and Next controls are available. However depending upon the device manufacturer/skin, this type of lock screen controls may not be available. The second type are available on all ICS+ devices. This option allows you to display the mini-player on the lock screen. All of the rich controls available in the regular mini-player are available here. Configuration options are available on the Preferences screen.

- (New Feature) Add Preferences screen (accessible by opening right-side menu and tapping the gear icon). Currently only Lock screen configuration options are avaiable. More to come in the next beta release.

- (Enhancement) Mini-player should be a bit easier to bring up especially on devices with high dpi resolution. (NOTE: Still need to add configuration options...that will come in a future beta update).

- (Enhancement) Mini-player will no longer take up the full width of the screen on tablets.

- (Enhancement) Now able to display mini-player while in landscape mode on tablets.

- (Enhancement) When switching songs or queuing a song to play next, the Now Playing list will auto-scroll to the current song's position.

- (Bug Fix) If you tapped the album art on a widget, it would load a duplicate copy of the Now Playing screen in memory.

- (Bug Fix) If you update album art on one screen then leave that screen while the album art is updating, the app could crash once the update is complete.

- (Bug Fix) 4x2 widget may not have appeared properly on Jellybean devices.

- (Bug Fix) Embedded lyrics were sometimes being displayed without line breaks.

- (Bug Fix) Downloaded lyrics which were embedded in the music files may not have displayed properly in other apps that read embedded lyrics.

- (Bug Fix) Scrolling the various lists in the menus (left, right, and bottom menus) resulted in visual glitches on some Jellybean devices (possibly Android 4.2 only). (NOTE: I can't reproduce the issue on the Jellybean emulator, so danimal62 please let me know if you're still experiencing this after updating).

- (Bug Fix) Mini-player was too small on higher-res phones (720p and above).

noseph

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site

Hi Dan,

The scrolling text is still cut off on the bottom of the 4x1 Mini-Player in 0.9.10 on my 4.1.2 Galaxy Nexus.

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Hi Dan,

The scrolling text is still cut off on the bottom of the 4x1 Mini-Player in 0.9.10 on my 4.1.2 Galaxy Nexus.

That's going to be the case when using 3rd party launchers with tight grids like 6x4. Just not enough vertical space for the widget as it's designed. I suggest using 4x2 widget on those type of home screen grids.

Now a regular 4x4 home screen should display it properly.

noseph

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site

That's going to be the case when using 3rd party launchers with tight grids like 6x4. Just not enough vertical space for the widget as it's designed. I suggest using 4x2 widget on those type of home screen grids.

Now a regular 4x4 home screen should display it properly.

I have no problem with that, however you may want to note this behavior in your documentation/FAQs, as I believe there are a great many users using 3rd party launchers.

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

I have no problem with that, however you may want to note this behavior in your documentation/FAQs, as I believe there are a great many users using 3rd party launchers.

To clarify, the widget will work in 3rd party launchers, but may not display properly in extremely tight grid configurations (6 or 7 rows). I could make it display properly but the controls would be so small it would be unusable.

But I can mention it in the FAQ.

StuntmanMark

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

I'm really like the integration with the built in music controls on the lock screen. I have noticed a glitch with it, though. The first song I play from an album will show the album art, but no other song after that will. If it's different albums, it will show the art. It just won't show the art if it's 2 or more songs in a row from the same album.

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

I'm really like the integration with the built in music controls on the lock screen. I have noticed a glitch with it, though. The first song I play from an album will show the album art, but no other song after that will. If it's different albums, it will show the art. It just won't show the art if it's 2 or more songs in a row from the same album.

I know what's causing it. It'll be fixed in the next beta release.

StuntmanMark

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

By the way, bringing up the mini player is way easier after the update.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums