Music Player (Remix)

StuntmanMark

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Music Player (Remix) - Public beta is now open!

I'm not sure what you mean by "stopped voice control from working from Google Now". Can you elaborate?

On other music players, you can open Google Now and say, "Listen to Green Day," and it'll open the music player and play music. I shouldn't say that it stopped it from working, it never worked for Music Player Remix. I don't really care about using voice control while on the app, but I really like launching it I Google Now.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

On other music players, you can open Google Now and say, "Listen to Green Day," and it'll open the music player and play music. I shouldn't say that it stopped it from working, it never worked for Music Player Remix. I don't really care about using voice control while on the app, but I really like launching it I Google Now.

Yes you're correct, using Google Voice search ("Listen to Green Day") will not work until I create a dedicated search screen. It's on my list, but may not make it into the initial 1.0.0 release.

StuntmanMark

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

Yes you're correct, using Google Voice search ("Listen to Green Day") will not work until I create a dedicated search screen. It's on my list, but may not make it into the initial 1.0.0 release.

Gotcha. I thought it wasn't going to be done at all. By the way, the album art looks a lot better now in album view on my phone. No more distortion.

StuntmanMark

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

I just noticed something a little weird. If I share directly through the Facebook app it attaches the video, but if I do it through Quick Post, it doesn't. No issue with Twitter posting through Quick Post, or a twitter app.

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

I just noticed something a little weird. If I share directly through the Facebook app it attaches the video, but if I do it through Quick Post, it doesn't. No issue with Twitter posting through Quick Post, or a twitter app.

The app you choose to share with has nothing to do with whether Music Player (Remix) finds the YouTube video or not (and thus attaches the link to the text it's sharing). That's because it doesn't even display the sharing dialog box (where you choose the app) until it finds the YouTube video (or fails to find it). Also it has no knowledge of which app you land up choosing. It doesn't care. It just sends the text out to whichever one you chose.

I think if you try sharing a song, you'll see that the text that is shared with the other app, will be identical regardless of which app you choose to share it with. The only difference may be in how that app displays the special characters (♫) included in the shared text. Some apps may not support display of unicode characters.

StuntmanMark

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

This might be more of an issue with Quick Post, or the way that Facebook deals with the text from the app, but this is what's happening. The one with just text is from Quick Post, the one with the thumbnail is from the Facebook app.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355752247329.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355752247329.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 8
  • uploadfromtaptalk1355752310068.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355752310068.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 8

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

This might be more of an issue with Quick Post, or the way that Facebook deals with the text from the app, but this is what's happening. The one with just text is from Quick Post, the one with the thumbnail is from the Facebook app.

Yes, this has nothing to do with Music Player (Remix). It's an issue of how Facebook is dealing with youtu.be shortcut links.

hape

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site

Hi Dan,

thanks for making MusicRemix available in time to my switch to Android ;)
I'm happy to be able to continue to use it and will pay you 3rd time as soon as the app is available in the app store.

Until now the beta works without any problems for me. I only have to requests if they are not already on your todo list:
1) You remember the webOS Patch I send you to display the current title on the display of a buetooth device (e.g. a car audio kit). I hope this is easier to do on Android as it was on webOS.
2) I hope you designed the media library part in that way that you could add other backendes. I was searching for a good ampatche player and was not able to find one for Android. I was surprised that we had better players on webOS as they exist for Android. Anyway, I would be happy if could a ampatche as a media backend for MusicRemix.

All the best
HaPe

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

thanks for making MusicRemix available in time to my switch to Android ;)
I'm happy to be able to continue to use it and will pay you 3rd time as soon as the app is available in the app store.

Let me know how you like the Android version once you've started using it a little more.

1) You remember the webOS Patch I send you to display the current title on the display of a buetooth device (e.g. a car audio kit). I hope this is easier to do on Android as it was on webOS.

I'm surprised this isn't working. I thought other folks were using bluetooth devices and didn't mention the current song title not displaying. I think it should work; however I can't say for sure since I don't have any bluetooth devices to test on.

2) I hope you designed the media library part in that way that you could add other backendes. I was searching for a good ampatche player and was not able to find one for Android. I was surprised that we had better players on webOS as they exist for Android. Anyway, I would be happy if could a ampatche as a media backend for MusicRemix.

I don't expect to add that type of support to my app. The only one I would consider would be an online cloud service like Google or Amazon if they ever opened up their APIs.

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Hape (or anyone else), can you tell me if there are any other music apps where the song title and album art are updating on your bluetooth devices?

hape

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site

Hi Dan,

Hape (or anyone else), can you tell me if there are any other music apps where the song title and album art are updating on your bluetooth devices?
Device: Samsung S Duos
Android: 4.0.4 (stock Samsung version)

I started the original MP3 Player the first time and I'm even more happy that I have your MusicRemic, but back to topic. The on device MP3 Player is sending the Title information correctly to the car receiver.

A request when you work on that function. Please make a configure option what is send in the Title tag as a lot of receivers only show the Title tag even if you send the artist and album information. In my WebOS patch for example I send "Tile (Artist)" as Title tag as all my receivers (Ford car audio, Sony MW600, THB Bury CC 9060 car audio ) only shows the Title Tag.

All the best for X-Max HaPe

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Hi Dan,

Device: Samsung S Duos
Android: 4.0.4 (stock Samsung version)

I started the original MP3 Player the first time and I'm even more happy that I have your MusicRemic, but back to topic. The on device MP3 Player is sending the Title information correctly to the car receiver.

A request when you work on that function. Please make a configure option what is send in the Title tag as a lot of receivers only show the Title tag even if you send the artist and album information. In my WebOS patch for example I send "Tile (Artist)" as Title tag as all my receivers (Ford car audio, Sony MW600, THB Bury CC 9060 car audio ) only shows the Title Tag.

All the best for X-Max HaPe

I'll consider it, but honestly I'm not sure if I'll have that option. The reason is that I'm intentionally limiting the number of options available. I only want to include the most important options because I've found that when apps are cluttered with a ton of options on the Preferences screen, users are more prone to be overwhelmed by them and may miss important ones.

That's why a lot of the app's options are not actually on the Preferences screen. For example, aesthetic options are in a separate menu. And list/thumbnail view toggling is completed on the Songs/Artists/etc. screens.

So I'm going to be selective of what I put on the Preferences screen.

hape

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site

I'll consider it, but honestly I'm not sure if I'll have that option. The reason is that I'm intentionally limiting the number of options available. I only want to include the most important options because I've found that when apps are cluttered with a ton of options on the Preferences screen, users are more prone to be overwhelmed by them and may miss important ones.

I'm with you in that point. Two ideas about that:

1) Add a switch for "basic" and "advanced" options. Hide all the geek stuff if the user selected the basic UI and this should be the default when you install the app. (I know this is even more work ;) )

2) I guess that at least 90% of the blue tooth receiver ony display the Title information. So I think it would be a good idea to send the title and the artist in the title tag for everybody. What dose other users think?

If you search for a cheap and use full test devise I would rekommand the MW600 (Amazon.com: sony mw600). It converts every headphone into a headset with caller information display and a fm-radio. A verry use full device.

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Not sure I'm digging the basic/advanced idea. The main focus on this app is making it easy and fun to use. I don't want there to be options that are hard to find (hidden in some advanced setting).

Thanks for the Amazon link. Yeah I need to get some type of test device.

arasarn

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site

Loving the app on my Galaxy S 3 so far Dan. Barely miss anything from my Pre2

Hape, nice to see another former webOS fan of MPR coming over to the greener side of the fence.

trinamorgan88

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site

I've been having a issue with the app crashing after it plays a few songs on my playlist. When I restart it, the playlist also plays exactly the same order of songs.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

I've been having a issue with the app crashing after it plays a few songs on my playlist. When I restart it, the playlist also plays exactly the same order of songs.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Please email me your app log immediately after the crash. In the email indicate the specific steps you took to cause the crash.

- - - Updated - - -

Loving the app on my Galaxy S 3 so far Dan. Barely miss anything from my Pre2

Hape, nice to see another former webOS fan of MPR coming over to the greener side of the fence.

I'm glad you're liking it.

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

I'm working on a new app icon. What does everyone think? (still tweaking it)

ic_launcher.png

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Or how about this one (an inverse of the previous one)? I think I like this one better. I'd appreciate everyone's feedback!

ic_launcher_inverted.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy