Music Player (Remix)

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: Music Player (Remix) - Now live in the Play Store!

The app has been submitted to the Amazon app store, so it should be available in a week or so.

arasarn

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site

EDIT: I`m a dummy. Unknown artists is at the top.

Do I need to uninstall the side loaded version before installing form Google Play?

Any chance of a coupon code for those who purchased on webOS or used the beta? ;P

Any way to auto download album art that is missing?

Last edited:

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Hi Dan,

what a pity. Exactly that was the feature why I love the Flylists. To be able to simply copy new tracks to the device and know that they will show up in the planned flylists without any action.
I only can hope that you change you mind here or find the time to move this feature over. I think it is one of the points that make MusicRemix stand out of the mass.

By the way, could you add a "refresh" icon to that Autolist selection dialog (e.g. the list of Albums or Artists to select from) to get a new set of entries if no one in the current list matches my current muse.

Thanks in advance
HaPe

It's doubtful I'll change the playlist behavior due to the design issues I mentioned. (EDIT: see my response below)

Adding a Refresh button was something I had planned to do but never got around to it. I'll add that to the to-do list.

Last edited:

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

EDIT: I`m a dummy. Unknown artists is at the top.

Do I need to uninstall the side loaded version before installing form Google Play?

Any chance of a coupon code for those who purchased on webOS or used the beta? ;P

Any way to auto download album art that is missing?

You should uninstall the beta since it will cease to function in a week.

There are no coupon codes in the Google Play Store. All I can say is if you find the app useful and enjoyable, it'll be well worth the purchase.

I intentionally omitted an auto-download feature since I've found they can often times be inaccurate. Having incorrect album art saved to the music files is not an optimal user experience. What's nice about my app is when you come across a song with missing or incorrect/undesirable album art, you can quickly choose the correct one (most of the time in high-res) and have it update in the background. I've been able to update my collection as I've used the app while developing it. Also IMO, it's more gratifying to choose the images yourself. You always get the best results.

Last edited:

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: Music Player (Remix) - App is in the Play Store!

Actually in regards to flylists...I may add a feature where you can define rules (ex. R&B songs from the 80's). So in a way that's what flylists used to be.

But this will not be something that happens very quickly. There are a few other features I want to get out first.

hape

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site

....The only difference is that when you add an album, artist, genre, or composer, it will add the songs currently in those categories to the playlist. It won't add a dynamic link to the album/artist/genre/composer. So if you add a new song to the album, it won't get auto-added to the playlist. While that was an interesting feature of flylists, it makes the implementation 1000x more complex than using standard playlists.

Hi Dan,

what a pity. Exactly that was the feature why I love the Flylists. To be able to simply copy new tracks to the device and know that they will show up in the planned flylists without any action.
I only can hope that you change you mind here or find the time to move this feature over. I think it is one of the points that make MusicRemix stand out of the mass.

By the way, could you add a "refresh" icon to that Autolist selection dialog (e.g. the list of Albums or Artists to select from) to get a new set of entries if no one in the current list matches my current muse.

Thanks in advance
HaPe

arasarn

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site

You should uninstall the beta since it will cease to function in a week.

There are no coupon codes in the Google Play Store. All I can say is if you find the app useful and enjoyable, it'll be well worth the purchase.

I intentionally omitted an auto-download feature since I've found they can often times be inaccurate. Having incorrect album art saved to the music files is not an optimal user experience. What's nice about my app is when you come across a song with missing or incorrect/undesirable album art, you can quickly choose the correct one (most of the time in high-res) and have or update in the background. I've been able to update my collection as I've used the app while developing it. Also IMO, it's more gratifying to choose the images yourself. You always get the best results.

Uninstalled Beta, bought the app, I miss the classic icon but I'll get over it. The new one is elegant in it's simplicity.

Any chance of adding ID3 editing capabilities for <unknown>s? I've seen some ID3 editor apps that link to the default music player, maybe you could partner with someone who has a similar app?

You're right about the album art. It's only two clicks away when one is undiscovered. I just notice them while I'm driving sometimes and wished my brain could bluetooth in to make the selection.

[EDIT]: Tossed you a 5 star rating and review as well. I hope you get 100 downloads for Christmas.

Last edited:

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Uninstalled Beta, bought the app, I miss the classic icon but I'll get over it. The new one is elegant in it's simplicity.

Any chance of adding ID3 editing capabilities for <unknown>s? I've seen some ID3 editor apps that link to the default music player, maybe you could partner with someone who has a similar app?

You're right about the album art. It's only two clicks away when one is undiscovered. I just notice them while I'm driving sometimes and wished my brain could bluetooth in to make the selection.

Music tag editing will come in a future update. Updating the tags is easy...what makes it difficult is updating all the other various things. For instance, if I edit a song's album, I need to make sure the Android media database is immediately updated to reflect the new album name (i.e the song's album name needs to be updated, the new album needs to be added to the "albums" table, and the artist's album list needs to be updated, etc). There's a lot of things to consider when tags get updated which is why it's going to take awhile to work out.

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Version 1.0.2 has been submitted to the Play Store and should appear soon.

Here's the changelog:

- (New Feature) Add a configuration option on the Preferences screen to choose the priority of where the album art is retrieved from. By default, the song's album will determine the album art. Deselect the new option to always pull the album art from the individual music file.

- (Enhancement) Add a refresh button to the Artist and Album Picker autolist popups.

- (Bug Fix) App would sometimes crash if you re-order an item in a list via drag & drop.

- (Maintenance) About screen will generate copyright year dynamically.

Last edited:

Moebius Street

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site

Actually in regards to flylists...I may add a feature where you can define rules (ex. R&B songs from the 80's).

Add me as a vote for this! I'm still stymied with the inclusion of ebooks in smartlists, and it seems like these features would be interrelated.

Also, when I first started testing this it was on a Droid X, and I was loving the mini-player. I've since upgraded to a Galaxy S3, and invoking the mini-player has become far more difficult. I'm looking forward to additional gestures for this.

StuntmanMark

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

Also, when I first started testing this it was on a Droid X, and I was loving the mini-player. I've since upgraded to a Galaxy S3, and invoking the mini-player has become far more difficult. I'm looking forward to additional gestures for this.

There is now a setting for how big the detection area is. That should help you get it to work.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

There is now a setting for how big the detection area is. That should help you get it to work.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Also make sure you're running the latest Play Store version (not one of the older betas). The default detection area for higher-res phones (like the S3) was not set properly in the older betas. And as StuntmanMark mentioned, you can adjust the detection area size even further using the option on the Preferences screen.

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Add me as a vote for this! I'm still stymied with the inclusion of ebooks in smartlists, and it seems like these features would be interrelated.

If you check the "Upcoming Features" list on the Help screen of the Play Store release version you'll see one of the upcoming features will be a way to exclude either genres or songs with longer durations from the Shuffle All list and Autolists.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18