Music Player (Remix)

YourFace

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Music Player (Remix) - Now live in the Play Store!

Hey Dan! I love the Music (Remix) is released to Play Store and Amazon Appstore now. I uninstalled the beta and installed the official version from Play Store and it seems to be working great so far. As others have said, I definitely would prefer the original icon. Would you consider changing back? The new icon looks so generic that it's easily confused with many other inferior music apps ;)

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Hey Dan! I love the Music (Remix) is released to Play Store and Amazon Appstore now. I uninstalled the beta and installed the official version from Play Store and it seems to be working great so far. As others have said, I definitely would prefer the original icon. Would you consider changing back? The new icon looks so generic that it's easily confused with many other inferior music apps ;)

No I'm not changing it back. As I previously mentioned, the old icon was not large enough in size for Play Store submission requirements. Plus even if that wasn't an issue, I feel like the app needed a new, fresh icon. I really like the clean look of the new icon. I'm sure a professional graphic designer could have done better, but I think with my limited skills it came out looking nice.

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Version 1.0.3 has been submitted to the Play Store (Amazon store submission coming in a few minutes). This version adds Last.fm scrobbling and several bug fixes.

Here's the complete changelog:

- (New Feature) Last.fm scrobbling is now available (on the Preferences screen accessible via the right-side sliding menu). During an internet outage, up to 50 scrobbles are cached and will be resent the next time the app successfully scrobbles.

- (Bug Fix) Loading the Genre song list screen could crash the app under certain conditions.

- (Bug Fix) Switching songs from different albums could crash the app under certain conditions.

- (Bug Fix) Scrolling on the album song list screen using the fast-scroll bar when the album has a large number of songs would cause the app to crash.

- (Bug Fix) App would sometimes crash if you re-order an item in a list via drag & drop.

- (Bug Fix) After a device reboot, the play button on the home screen widgets was invisible.

noseph

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site

Dan, is there any easy way to change the app that Share uses? I selected one but really need to use a different one.

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Dan, is there any easy way to change the app that Share uses? I selected one but really need to use a different one.

The app selection dialog will appear anytime you try to share a song. If it doesn't, then you may have inadvertently selected the "use this app by default" checkbox. To clear any default settings for an app, you should be able to go to Android app settings, select the specific app (in this case Remix), and tap "Clear Defaults".

Moebius Street

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site

The app selection dialog will appear anytime you try to share a song. If it doesn't, then you may have inadvertently selected the "use this app by default" checkbox. To clear any default settings for an app, you should be able to go to Android app settings, select the specific app (in this case Remix), and tap "Clear Defaults".

I find the easiest way to handle this stuff is with the free app Default App Manager Lite. This gives you a more convenient way to see what is currently the default for a given Intent, and change or clear it out.

noseph

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the hint, actually I needed to select the app that was being launched and clear it's Launch Defaults.

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Version 1.0.4 has been submitted to the Play Store and Amazon app store. It contains the following bug fixes:

- (Bug Fix) If the Karaoke recording list or playback popups were displayed while switching device orientation, the app would crash.

- (Bug Fix) If lyrics were not found for certain types of songs, karaoke recordings of those songs may not have appeared in the karaoke recording list.

- (Bug Fix) Improve error handling related to image memory allocation.

- (Bug Fix) Improve error handling related to media database access in case another app has locked the media database.

- (Bug Fix) Application could lock up if the Android media system took too long to return the current song's position.

- (Bug Fix) Memory usage on the Genre and Composer screens were not optimal while in list view.

arasarn

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site

If I am using this app and my GS3 as my main music player, is there a desktop music app you would recommend that has two syncing of libraries? I often download music directly to the phone and would want it to go both ways. (WiFi syncing would be awesome)

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

If I am using this app and my GS3 as my main music player, is there a desktop music app you would recommend that has two syncing of libraries? I often download music directly to the phone and would want it to go both ways. (WiFi syncing would be awesome)

Personally, I just copied all my music files to my device via USB drag/drop when I first set up music on my device. Then if I want to transfer a new file or two from my computer to my device, I just use Wifi File Explorer Pro (an app that allows you to transfer files via wifi). But honestly, most of my new files come from on-device purchasing (at Amazon MP3). So most of the time I have no need to transfer files from my PC to my device.

arasarn

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site

What about getting the files you download to your phone from your phone onto your pc?

I also am experiencing a bug with album art. I was trying to get a bunch of it at once and I am finding that the app looses it's place in the media library if I try to begin downloading album art for a second album before the first album has finished downloading the album art to all songs. A device restart remedies this situation.

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

What about getting the files you download to your phone from your phone onto your pc?

I don't worry about it because I never listen to music on my PC any more. I always use either my phone or tablet. And I'm not worried about backing up those files since I can re-downloading them from Amazon if I had to. But if I was worrying about it, I'd probably just use Wifi File Explorer.

I also am experiencing a bug with album art. I was trying to get a bunch of it at once and I am finding that the app looses it's place in the media library if I try to begin downloading album art for a second album before the first album has finished downloading the album art to all songs. A device restart remedies this situation.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "the app loses its place in the media library"? But I'm guessing you mean that it stops updating the album art for the first album when you initiate the second album's download. I'll have to test that scenario to see what happens. There may be a way to allow multiple albums to download at once.

arasarn

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site

I don't worry about it because I never listen to music on my PC any more. I always use either my phone or tablet. And I'm not worried about backing up those files since I can re-downloading them from Amazon if I had to. But if I was worrying about it, I'd probably just use Wifi File Explorer.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "the app loses its place in the media library"? But I'm guessing you mean that it stops updating the album art for the first album when you initiate the second album's download. I'll have to test that scenario to see what happens. There may be a way to allow multiple albums to download at once.

The app starts saying that there is no music on the device, the only way to correct this is to restart the device.

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

The app starts saying that there is no music on the device, the only way to correct this is to restart the device.

I just tried updating album art from 2 different albums and it worked. It updated both albums in the background. I didn't experience any "no music on device" errors. I can't imagine why you'd be experiencing that type of error. You'd only get that type of error if Android was returning no results when the app queried the media database. For some reason on your device, it seems to be locking up the media database when more than 1 task is updating its database (the album art is updated in the media database when performing a download operation). So I'd suggest downloading just 1 album at a time if your device is acting this way.

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Equalizer is coming along nicely... going to be included in the upcoming version 1.1.0.

BCOm1qZCUAE4tfq.jpg:large

hape

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site

Hi Dan,

any news about the song information broadcast to a Bluetooth device? I hardly miss that function. Even more as my Pebble Pebble is on the way and it uses that information too to display the playing song...

HaPe

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez