A different kind of app needed

jonathanm1978

Super-elite full-time dad
Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
This is a unique situation with unique circumstances under which makes me ask this question, however, this is android and I know there are many capabilities with this particular OS...so this is why I'm wondering.

First, a little explanation:

I am a 33 year-old married (15 years) father of 4 kids.. 22 months ago, I got a phone call from my sister, who was 400 miles away, pregnant, and in a bind. She needed somewhere to live so she could have her baby and not lose the child to DHR for where she was living. So I jumped in, as all big brothers would, and I saved the f(king day. Yay for me, right? Didn't do it for some holy pat on the back, just simply because there was a baby involved that didn't ask to be, and I can't just watch that happen. Moved her in with us, in an already full house. I gave her a cell phone on my contract, which pertains to this situation now.

She lived her for about 17 months. She moved out, and 2months later she had DHR knocking on her door because of her actions. Fired from 5 jobs in 4 months because she won't work. Lives on subsidized housing that my niece gets for her, gets $400 in food stamps each month that she sells..and basically she has turned into white trash since she moved out. Not only that, she's moved in her (other ethnicity) boyfriend who is 4 years younger than her, which isn't really my concern..but we all know that long-term relationships between opposite races hardly ever work, and having a child that isn't biological to one of them often causes lots of resentment...

Just for fun, I'm going to post a pocket-dialed voicemail so people can get an idea of the type parenting involved her by my sister. Listen closely..for anyone who's a parent, this will make you want to choke someone that would say this to their child:

http://db.tt/fj3vqkXE

We've talked with DHR..next step is a lawyer...but I need evidence ..which I have very little of.
What I DO have, is a sister who still uses MY cell phone (I won't get into how many months worth of bills she owes me for, but it's nearly been 1/2 a year of free cell phone for her)..and who's mean to my niece and who's doing some type of drug, just not sure which kind(s)...

I'd like something I could put on her (MY) cell phone that would capture SOME type of call log, text msg, photo, SOMETHING. Is there anything I can do?

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
1) You won't be able to legally put anything on her phone without her knowledge (privacy laws and such).

2) Since the phone is on your plan, you can request detailed billing from your carrier. They will provide you with a list of all incoming and outgoing calls. I don't know if you can get text messages, though.

3) You might be able to have the carrier restrict phone usage. You'll need to talk to your carrier about that.

4) Since the phone is on your dime, if she his running up the bill, you can always cancel the line. If you don't want to do that to her, you can talk to her and let her know that if she keeps using it like she is, the phone will be shut off.

jonathanm1978

Super-elite full-time dad
Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
1) you mean my phone, that I bought myself and allow her to use.

It's not how she uses the phone, or the money I spend paying her bill, it's the child neglect and danger my niece is in. She sent me texts last night saying my niece was sick all day yesterday, throwing up, and asked if she was sick while I had her the past week. If you listen to the pocket dialed voicemail I posted then you hear the beer reference, and I wanted to ask her so bad if my niece was possibly hung over. She doesn't know she sent me that message of herself cursing my 19 month old niece. This coming from a girl who we saw spank this baby at 9 months old because she wouldn't be still while getting a diaper change. At this point I don't care about what is morally right, I want enough evidence to make her lose custody, nobody who treats a kid this way deserves to raise one when there are plenty of couples who can't even have a baby. We provide everything for my niece anyway while my sister sells her food stamps for drugs and moves people in with my niece who couldn't potentially harm her in a very bad way. (My sister was hanging out with a guy who raped a very young girl and my sister saw nothing wrong with this)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So sorry for the situation. I didn't listen to it, but I would take down the voice mail. Why would anyone other than the browser court possibly need to hear this - we will take your word that she isn't a great parent. Obviously there is nothing illegal about retaining the voice mail of the pocket dialing, but there may be something about posting it publicly.

The first step should be talking to the lawyer. Your first concern is for your niece, not in finding out what your sister is up to. You certainly don't want to do anything illegal that may end up getting you in trouble instead of helping your niece. If the situation is as bad as you say a social worker would investigate the situation and should interview you as well.

Good luck with your situation!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34