How to turn off Sprint Family Tracker?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
You could go to the Settings/Apps/Manage Apps and look for the Sprint Family Locator App and select FORCE STOP or Uninstall....

Turning off GPS should also work....

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Theres no app installed on my phone.

Turned off gps and location services. Hopefully that does the trick, although turning location services off causes my beloved sense weather widget to not display weather :(

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hmm... Maybe its time to ask Mom and Dad to cut the cord and let their child be a free spirit? Trust me as a parent of 5, I understand where they are coming from... :)

Emmanuel11

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I don't even use that. I just use google latitude since it free and it come with the phone you can also hide or unhide your location at any given time

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Probably best to ask mom and dad why they want this. Obviously they got this for a reason. Do you have younger siblings that they want to know about and since you are still on their plan you are coming along for the ride? That's the case with us, with a 19 year old away at college but we still have 16, 13 and 11 year old kids at home.

The 19 year old understands that if she wants us to pay for her service this is something she has to live with (but we have no reason to see where she is). Like others have said maybe it's time to get your own line and cut the cord.

Emmanuel11

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm in medical school. No way to get my own bill and support myself.

Talked to them and they will NOT budge. They said they're entitled to know where I am. They even come up randomly to my place of residence to "check up". It's just completely crazy to go to this level for someone my age and of my accomplishments...

So does turning off locator/gps work? I don't see why it wouldn't.

I think it would work so go ahead and turn GPS off.

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Turning off the gps will not work. The account holder and administration for the account can force your gps to turn on again. Just have your parents take you off of it. That is all you have to do.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

charlie hustle

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Man up. Get your own service and you don't have to worry about them tracking you. It's their phone literally so they can do what they want. Remember, you just use "their" phone.

Tapatalked from the 3rd galaxy

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I just saw a similar situation on the news this past week. A woman who was an only child... Her parents would show up at her school to see what she was doing, they tracked her cell phone and sometimes made her leave Skype connected all night so her mom can watch her sleep and make sure she wasn't doing anything she wasn't supposed to be. They said they had the right to because they were supporting her in school. The woman took her parents to court and the judge ruled for the parents to quit or face jail time for stalking their kid. It's an invasion of privacy being the child is an adult. Look it up if you don't believe me. I know your parents support you but you need a little freedom. Hurry up with school so you can make that Medicine Money and head for the hills.

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

nm01760

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
ummm ever heard of abusive parents, the forum is about how to turn off the tracking device, not to support another family's livestyle

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463