US Bank app, can't paste password

anon(692098)

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I have the US Bank mobile banking app installed and now I'm no longer able to paste my password into the field. I have 1Password from my iPhone days so I open it up, copy the password then I was able to paste the password into the field but now I can't. I recently rooted, could that be the cause? I can paste the copied password into any other program I'd like. I've uninstalled/reinstalled the app. I also was using Swiftkey beta and switched back to the Samsung keyboard but that made no difference either.

Anyone here use the US Bank app and can you paste into the password field?

anon(692098)

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. I got on the phone and talked to a rep who was able to paste in the app, I wonder if this isn't due to an update. Can you confirm that you've never been able to or that this is a new thing. You could paste as early as two weeks ago. If this is the case they really made it difficult to use a complex password. I'm sure it's done in the name of security but it actually defeats the point as now I'll change my password to something simpler to use. Stupid I say!

anon(692098)

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Interesting, thanks for the info. US Bank did email me and they said that they did nothing to enable or disable copy/paste specifically within the app, sounds like it may just be an Android issue then.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital