Yahoo Mail App 1.4.5 Default Alert Tone Needed

Brad Kim

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the latest Yahoo Mail App version 1.4.5 on my Samsung Galaxy S3 and like the Yahoo default alert tone for when receiving new email. I want to use this tone for other alerts on my phone. I can't seem to access this file on my phone. Does anyone know where I can find this alert tone file on my device or email or post this alert tone. Thank you for your help.

Brad Kim

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Would you know how or where the default alert tone audio file might be located on the phone accessing from the pc? The mail apps such as yahoo and hotmail are not listed in the apps list. I did find a yahoo folder and the sub folder to that was ymail and sub folder to that was debug with nothing in it.

Polish Prince

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
System/Media/Audio
y7urudyv.jpg

But.... I went through and listened to each one & that Yahoo tone was not in there...

The other area to find these is sdcard/media/audio
zedege2u.jpg

But... I listened to all these (mostly all custom ones I made myself) and didn't find the Yahoo one.

So, then I searched my phone for all .ogg and .mp3 files... Didn't find it.

Maybe I missed it, or there is another audio extension that I'm not aware of.

Good luck & let me know if you find it.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

nickn269

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I hope my limited expertise can help you here with something I stumbled across. I have Titanium Backup Pro and used my laptop to search my SGN and found a backup apk file for the Yahoo mail app. Inside it I found "com.yahoo.mobile.client.android.mail-2372a87ab156ac3fa0137aead9cc5b3d.apk" I looked inside that and found a folder called "META-INF" and inside that folder was a file called "YAHOO_AN.SF" and the icon shows up as an audio file. It was the only audio file I could find inside any apk or TitaniumBackup backups of the yahoo mail app. I searched the web for .sf filetype and it's a weird audio file. I couldn't play it in winamp, but I could open it in Audacity as "Import Raw". The audio histogram is crazy and if you listen it sounds like loud static noise and lasts maybe 2sec...maybe less. That's as far as I have gone so far. I want to change that sound to something else...Stupid for yahoo mail to make you choose from a small handful of default andorid sounds and that stupid Yahoo Default sound. Can anyone else get further?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03