M:IQ now available for Android!

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I don't see anything on the website that indicates your data is encrypted, either before transmitting or on their servers. What is a "private web site" anyway? What are the chances I'm going to send all my data in clear text over a wireless connection, and then save it on someone else's server, located I don't know where, also in clear text?

Approximately zero.

AJFSTORM

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I don't see anything on the website that indicates your data is encrypted, either before transmitting or on their servers. What is a "private web site" anyway? What are the chances I'm going to send all my data in clear text over a wireless connection, and then save it on someone else's server, located I don't know where, also in clear text?

Approximately zero.

What on-line Android back-up services meet your criteria ?

Last edited:

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I've not checked out online backups for Android yet. I back up to my SD card, and copy that to my PC.

For PCs, there are a number of online backup sites that use 128 or 256 bit encryption to transfer your data, and 256K or better encryption to store it on their servers. And they're set up so only you know the password to decrypt the data.

AJFSTORM

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
M:IQ is owned by Best Buy so I doubt they'd be looking to steal peoples' information. I tend to trust them more than all the apps we download authored by JoeSchmo who we know nothing about.

Besides, it only backs-up: Contacts, photos and videos, phone calls, calendar, and texts. And to be honest, you'd have to be an idiot to send any sensitive information through texts anyways. I don't send or store any sensitive information like passwords on my phone and that type of information isn't even backed up on this service. I doubt anyone is looking to steal my vacation pictures. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz