GMail - Why doesn't it shrink to fit??

Therk

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
I've searched around and found a couple of discussions online about GMail not shrinking to fit in the Android App, but nowhere near enough! This is one of the most annoying things about Android and if I switch to iOS it will be why. :'(

There is no reason in late 2012 why opening an HTML email should require scrolling left and right to view the whole thing. How is it possible that Apple iOS devices can get this right, but Android -- an OS CREATED by Google -- cannot? I am at a loss to understand this colossal blunder. Am I the only one bothered by this? Will it be fixed with JB? I am currently considering a new phone and it's kind of between the S3, Razr M and iPhone 5. Android has a lot going for it, but OMG, this is the mother of all bugs for me.

I understand the Razr M DEFINITELY will be getting JB before end of year (right?), so if this will be fixed in JB, I could live with it for a couple of months.

johnnnnnymtl

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes i am having the same issue and its pretty annoying. I also cannot see my emails in HTML format, I see everything in plain text. Is there any way to have this work seemlessly? Maybe in the settings? It would be nice for it to shrink to fit..!

I'll wait for a response before i consider downloading another app like, K-9.. ;)

thanks!

MaxMalloy

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Hey there, found this thread as I reached a frustration point with exact same issue earlier this morning. But, just checked settings in the app since a recent update and you can now choose 'Shrink to Fit'. I think the update that made it possible is only available on 4.0, but at least it's an option for anybody on Jellybean. Hope that helps.

ikari01

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
You're correct, if you go to the "General Settings" area you'll find the option of shrink to fit. I think is the 6th option down.

Sent from Galaxy S3 running AOKP Rom

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1